Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Video Delay buttons

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djkrysrPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Video Delay buttons

Hi
I would like to create a way that allows me to increase or decrease video delay without going into the config panel.

I have come up with buttons like this-

<button action="video_delay -25ms" >
<size width="26" height="20"/>
<pos x="740" y="409"/>
<down x="+0" y="+1000"/>
<over x="+0" y="+2000"/>
</button>
<button action="video_delay 0ms">
<size width="24" height="20"/>
<pos x="766" y="409"/>
<down x="+0" y="+1000"/>
<over x="+0" y="+2000"/>
</button>
<button action="video_delay +25ms">
<size width="26" height="20"/>
<pos x="790" y="409"/>
<down x="+0" y="+1000"/>
<over x="+0" y="+2000"/>
</button>

only using this, for some reason it increments the delay in 24.99 ms increments, plus unless you go into the config panel you have no idea what the video delay is set to. I have tried (unsuccessfully) to use a variable to hold the delay, then set the delay to the variable & also display the variable, but I cannot get this to work at all. I did also try a continuous knob but I couldn't get is to scroll the correct values (ideally the delay would step in 25ms increments).

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted Thu 28 Mar 13 @ 3:03 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You can have the video delay value in a textzone using format="`video_delay`"
Video_delay can also be used as a slider instead of buttons.
About the accuracy.. No idea !

Posted Thu 28 Mar 13 @ 3:16 pm
thanks for the tip on displaying the delay, I have been using a textzone & i thought i had tried just `video_delay` on it's own & also with var & get to try to get the value, but your suggestion is working fine so i must have made a mistake the first time.

If anyone can tell me why it is always .01 less than it should be (i.e. 2 presses from zero result in +/- 49.98ms) then I would really appreciate it. I have tried the obvious & added +25.01 each time but the result is the same, if i add +25.02 each time the result is 50.02ms so go figure what it is doing.

Posted Thu 28 Mar 13 @ 9:20 pm
Does anyone know how I can use vdjscript to test the value of video_delay in a textzone.

if i create a textzone with

format="`video_delay 0 ? video_delay`"

it only shows the video_delay if it is equal to 0, however how can I get it to show it only if it is either greater than 0, less than 0 or not equal to zero (any or all of the above conditions would be great).

Posted Sat 06 Apr 13 @ 10:09 am
format="`video_delay 0 ? nothing : video_delay`"

format="`video_delay & param_greater 0 ? video_delay : param_smaller 0 ? video_delay : nothing`"

The first one will work.
The second one must be tested (I don't have my laptop with me right now to test it)

PS: If the first one doesn't work 100% correctly then you can use this:

format="`video_delay 0 ? get text "" : video_delay`"

Posted Mon 08 Apr 13 @ 4:23 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)