Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Help with Pioneer DDJ-SX and VDJ 7.4

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

xcakidPRO InfinityMember since 2010
So I upgraded to the new Ver. 7.4 which should have native support for the DDJ-SX. However, mine is not working properly. Only thing responding are: Track Select, Load, Cue and Play functions. All other functions are not responding. Mixer has no responses at all. Matter of fact when decks A and B are playing, even with the up faders down to 0, both decks can be heard coming out of Master.

I never had the previous mapper made for the DDJ SX. I was using Serato DJ until VDJ can support it natively. So there is no old mapper to delete. Have the unit set to use Serato.

VDJ Config:

INPUT: None
OUTPUTS: Headphone
SOUNDCARD: 4 - Pioneer DDJ-SX

I am running a Macbook Pro on Mountain Lion.

Posted Sun 24 Mar 13 @ 5:09 pm
BTW, meant to type 7.4 in the title not 7.5 hahahah

Posted Sun 24 Mar 13 @ 5:12 pm
did you upgrade firmware to ver. 1.05?

Posted Sun 24 Mar 13 @ 5:44 pm
xcakid wrote :
BTW, meant to type 7.4 in the title not 7.5 hahahah

I have changed the title to reflect this.

Keith

Posted Sun 24 Mar 13 @ 5:49 pm
try to use 4 deck skin

Posted Sun 24 Mar 13 @ 5:52 pm
Tjeck1972 wrote :
did you upgrade firmware to ver. 1.05?

Yes I have

Tjeck1972 wrote :
try to use 4 deck skin

Saw that from the other thread, and tried it. Mixer section is still NOT responding/functioning.....

Posted Sun 24 Mar 13 @ 10:34 pm
Check that the INPUT SELECT switches on the front are all set to PC.

Choose the default VirtualDJ v7 4 deck skin and then restart the software.

NOTE: You can use other sources on CH3 & 4 if you wish, but to do this, you will need to use a 4 deck skin for now. This is because when using 2 decks, decks 3 & 4 of the controller wrap back around to 1 & 2, so the input select switch settings for these decks confuse the software. This will be fixed in the next update. You can also work around it when using 2 decks by switching the inputs of CH1 & CH2 to PHONO and back to PC again, but you would need to do this each time you start the software.

Posted Mon 25 Mar 13 @ 12:55 pm
Support staff wrote :
You can also work around it when using 2 decks by switching the inputs of CH1 & CH2 to PHONO and back to PC again, but you would need to do this each time you start the software.

Switching it all to PC and running a 4 deck skin seem to do the trick. Thank you very much!!!

One thing I noticed though is that my CPU usage when playing video is now around 70-80%. Really high....

Posted Mon 25 Mar 13 @ 9:09 pm
It's unlikely that this is related to using the DDJ-SX - Using MIDI controllers has very little CPU overhead, even for complex controllers.

Most likely this is because you have resized or maximised a skin that's not optimal for your computer's screen resolution or there is some other performance or configuration issue with your computer.

Please see:

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Performance%20Issues.html

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/My%20video%20output%20runs%20slowly%20or%20is%20very%20choppy.html

Posted Tue 26 Mar 13 @ 8:42 am
Support staff wrote :

Most likely this is because you have resized or maximised a skin that's not optimal for your computer's screen resolution

This may be the problem then since I changed to a different skin (4deck) to use. I'll check that out. Thx.

Posted Wed 27 Mar 13 @ 8:23 am
jenastLE userMember since 2013
How do I download this? I don't know which level. Plus I am new to Virtual Dj. I want to download the skin on a Macbook Air. What should I do?

Posted Wed 27 Mar 13 @ 10:16 am
You will need to purchase the full VirtualDJ Professional to be able to use MIDI controllers such as the DDJ-SX, custom skins and other add-ons: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

If you have already purchased VirtualDJ, please register your serial number to your account http://www.virtualdj.com/users/edit.html and then download the latest v7.4 version from your download center: http://www.virtualdj.com/download/updates.html (VirtualDJ v7.4 has native support for the DDJ-SX.)

If you haven't purchased VirtualDJ, then please support the software and its future development (Especially if you are a working DJ and you are making money as a result of using it.)

Posted Wed 27 Mar 13 @ 11:52 am
Have upgraded the firmware. Downloaded the mapper. Have it set to serato mode. The front switches are set to pc mode. Jog wheel not working. Play button not working. Any help?

Posted Fri 05 Apr 13 @ 11:06 am
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
Do NOT use the download mapper while using the SX in SERATO mode!

Delete the SX mapper XML from the MAPPER folder inside the VirtualDJ folder and also the SX XML from the device folder!

NO NEED TO USE THE MAPPER FROM THE DOWNLOAD AREA IF YOU LIKE TO USE THE SX IN SERATO MODE!

This should slove the problem ;-)

NOTE:Please use only the download mapper only, if you have the SX in OTHER mode!
If you want to switch from other mode to serato mode, delete the dmapper and the device xml!

Posted Fri 05 Apr 13 @ 2:57 pm
kiriliPRO InfinityMember since 2012
just to just to clarify: if i want to use PhantomDeejay's mapper, i Download mapper and save it to Documents\VirtualDJ\Mappers
do i have to have anyting in : Documents\VirtualDJ\Devices ?
and i have 7.4 install and ddj-sx switched to serato mode..

thank you!

Posted Mon 29 Apr 13 @ 6:35 pm
m having a issue tht my sound keep breaking up and if i load the song on deck 2 or any deck it gets messed up only the sound everythng else is working fine. m using vdj7.4pro with ddj sx. your answer will b helpful thanks

Posted Fri 31 Jan 14 @ 11:50 pm

Posted Sat 01 Feb 14 @ 3:59 pm
Hi good afternoon, I just got the pionner DDJ SX and Im using the virtual DJ 7.4, where can i get the mapper?

Thanks

Carlos

Posted Mon 23 Mar 15 @ 7:17 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)