Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How to set pitch range less than +/-6%?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Greetings. I searched around for the answer but came up blank so I'm typing a new question.

I have a controller with high resolution pitch faders (Denon MC3000) and I would like to map the faders to adjust tempo by more (or less) than the +/-6% available in the options menu. I'm not sure if I'd like 5% or 4% or even less. It doesn't matter, I'm hoping for a map Key and Action that I can cut and paste and I'll try a few different percentages until I dial it in.

If this is a dumb question, please accept my apology as I'm a noob.

Posted Mon 18 Mar 13 @ 5:11 pm
pitch_range 4%
pitch_range 4%
pitch_range 5%
pitch_range 100%
etc...

Posted Tue 19 Mar 13 @ 1:28 am
map a button (on your keyboard or on your controller) to the following code:

pitch_range '3,4,5,6,8,10,12,50,100'

On each keypress of the button the pitchrange will change using the above pattern. When it reaches 100% it will go back to 3% on the next keypress.

If you want you can also use two buttons to go back and forth:

pitch_range '3,4,5,6,8,10,12,50,100' +1

pitch_range '3,4,5,6,8,10,12,50,100' -1

Also you can add more numbers if you wish, or even remove some. Just try to use a proper ascending order to avoid confusion.

Posted Tue 19 Mar 13 @ 5:53 am
Thank you for your help. I mapped a button as you stated to this pitch_range '3,4,5,6,8,10,12,50,100' but it only cycles from 6-100 and not less than 6. Is there something I missed?

Posted Tue 19 Mar 13 @ 4:42 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
I have used many times 3% and 4% as my pitch range. Unfortunately could not be mapped a cycle or mapped directly a +-3 and +-4%, just from 6% and up. To get a 3% pitch range use the Registry Tool and change it manually from there (PITCH_RANGE).

Once you toggle to another pitch range, it would not return to a lower pitch range but 6% and up only. IT is important to leave the pitch ranges you one to use. From the mapping you already do, you can use any pitch range from 3, 4, and 5% and go up from there.

If you choose 3% if you toggle up, it would be directly to 6%, but if you don't include 3 in the mapping, it would not change or toggle to any other pitch_range if it is in 3% at the moment.

Test it, it would work fine, however if you are experiencing bad pitch tracking, blame your pitch slider, it may be a low resolution one and don't allow you to do a fine adjust. I know you may don't like, but in this cases, sync seems a good solution. If you have a Denon or Pioneer controller, you may also have a 14 bit pitch slider and get a better fine adjustment.

Good Luck!

Posted Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 10:10 pm
you could always script it the long way...

pitch_range 100% ? pitch_range 50% : pitch_range 24% ? pitch_range 12% : pitch_range 12% ? pitch_range 6% : pitch_range 6% ? pitch_range 3% : pitch_range 100%

Posted Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 10:15 pm
Thanks to everyone for their help. acw, that really did the trick. I actually never used the registry tool before but it worked great. Peace!

Posted Thu 21 Mar 13 @ 7:49 pm
rlovePRO InfinityMember since 2010
Using VDJ 8 and the pitch percentage changes drastically when pitching a track. On VDj 7 there were percentages in the pitch option settings. In Ver 8 its a bit different - any suggestions as to what to set it to?

Posted Wed 01 Apr 15 @ 7:32 pm
Just start typing 'pitch range' in the options area, if memory serves. VDJ8 is lots more intuitive to set up but I remember having to unlearn some of 7's oddities at the beginning when I made the switch.

Posted Wed 01 Apr 15 @ 8:13 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
The option you are looking for is named "autoPitchRange"

Posted Thu 02 Apr 15 @ 6:37 am
VDJ 8 User Guide page 14.

Posted Thu 02 Apr 15 @ 6:40 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)