Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Adding a line in deck which is excempt from the crossfader.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi everyone. I'm wanting to modify a 2 deck skin in the following way....

1. Add a 3rd deck. (Will be used as a line in source)
2. Add a Gain knob for deck 3.
3. Add 2 buttons, PFL and AUX.

The whole idea of this is to add a deck that I can assign specifically for external programs to play their sound output into VDJ. I do not want the deck to be influenced by the cross fader, I want it at full volume all the time. The Gain Knob will effectively by a volumne control for the line in. 0-100%. I would like this to work as close to the mic input as possible. so it does not matter which deck is playing, it will mix with that deck.

I'm a complete newbie when it comes to skins in VDJ. So far, I have found out that adding a deck is done be adding nbdecks="3" to the <skin> tag.

Apart from that I'm struggling to understand what I need to add to the skin in order to get the deck working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted Fri 15 Mar 13 @ 12:24 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I think you need something like this ..
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/13418/TCmania_MIC.html
Its a 3 deck skin, and you can easier modify to fit to your needs.

You can for example change the actions for the MIC and TALK over buttons to be deck 1 linein and deck 2 linein

Posted Fri 15 Mar 13 @ 5:46 pm
DjDAD! Of all people. it's your Default Dark HD skin that I'm looking to add a line in too. :)

Posted Fri 15 Mar 13 @ 6:11 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Thats not easy, and i am afraid i have not the time to make such a customized edit. Either u need to edit/add that yourself or use/modify a skin that is closer to what u are looking for.
Its easy to change the action of a button in the skin, and make it work as deck x linein for example but adding a line with an additional deck and what other infos you might need is not a 5 min work.

Posted Fri 15 Mar 13 @ 6:48 pm
Yeah, I guessed it's something to do with making graphics and stuff.

I'm going to start slowly, but can see myself making a skin that will fit my needs at some point.

Posted Fri 15 Mar 13 @ 8:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)