Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: American Audio VMS2 Hardware/Audio driver problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello all, I will try my best to explain this.

I am already working with AA support but not getting to far yet and thought I would see if anyone else has experienced what I am experiencing.

My setup is as follows:

Toshiba Laptop
Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit
4GB ram

American Audio VMS2
firmware v2.5
ASIO driver v2.2

After some intial issues it seems to be working well but the issue now is that when I turn off the power from the VMS2 it does not unload the driver from
the device manager and when viewing them, one of the two shows the drivers for the device are not installed.

In order to fix it, I need to reboot the computer (which results in a BSOD), then connect the VMS2 back in and uninstall the drivers, turn off and turn back on the unit to re-install the drivers.

I have found that if I remove the USB cable rather than powering off the unit, this unloads (so far) as it is suppose to and no issues.

Anyone else experience this or anything similar that they can share?

I have verified all of my drivers are up to date.

Thanks,

John

Posted Tue 26 Feb 13 @ 8:48 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
I`m not shure if this tip can solve your problem, but AA says the the drives of the vms are very "complex"...;-). To avoid any problems, try these steps:

1. Switch on yout controller
2. Start your PC
3. Start VDJ

Have fun...
when you finished

4. Close VDJ
5. Shut Down your PC
6. Switch off your controller

Never unplug or switch off the vms during your system is active

greetz
rob

Posted Wed 27 Feb 13 @ 4:17 am
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
This happens on my backup laptop also.
Even when powering down exactly as suggested.
Main computer works fine, both same specs.
AA cannot explain.
Also have you noticed that while playing a track on one
deck and you pre listen to a track on the other deck the
VU meters spike?

Posted Wed 27 Feb 13 @ 8:19 am
roBroY09 wrote :
I`m not shure if this tip can solve your problem, but AA says the the drives of the vms are very "complex"...;-). To avoid any problems, try these steps:

1. Switch on yout controller
2. Start your PC
3. Start VDJ

Have fun...
when you finished

4. Close VDJ
5. Shut Down your PC
6. Switch off your controller

Never unplug or switch off the vms during your system is active

greetz
rob

Thanks. This may work but what if I don't want to turn off my laptop :)
The other way I found that seems to work is the same steps but instead of powering off the laptop, i can just unplug the USB.

Now I have to decide whether or not to just deal with it or return to the store. I really like the unit otherwise for the money and features.

Posted Wed 27 Feb 13 @ 10:54 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I have the impression that VMS2/VMS4/VMS4.1 can work even if the POWER is off or the AC adaptor is missing. They operate as USB powered devices as well.
So even if you power off the unit, the sound card is still connected and gets powered by the USB.

Do you have issues when shutting down VirtualDJ ?

Posted Thu 28 Feb 13 @ 7:12 pm
bogart wrote :
This happens on my backup laptop also.
Even when powering down exactly as suggested.
Main computer works fine, both same specs.
AA cannot explain.
Also have you noticed that while playing a track on one
deck and you pre listen to a track on the other deck the
VU meters spike?

I have not experienced the issue with the VU meter spikes (yet).

Posted Thu 28 Feb 13 @ 9:34 pm
djdad wrote :
I have the impression that VMS2/VMS4/VMS4.1 can work even if the POWER is off or the AC adaptor is missing. They operate as USB powered devices as well.
So even if you power off the unit, the sound card is still connected and gets powered by the USB.

Do you have issues when shutting down VirtualDJ ?

That is an interesting point about the USB power. Yes, they can be powered by the USB port but still when turning off via the switch, one of the (2) listed drivers show the drivers are not loaded. It must not switch over gracefully.

I do not have problems closing Virtual DJ so long as I do not remove the midi controller first! Had that issue earlier where unpluging the unit before closing VDJ would cause VDJ to hang when closing and I believe end up in a BSOD much like turning off the controller via the switch before unpluging from the latop.

John

Posted Thu 28 Feb 13 @ 9:39 pm
Hi all, Im hoping somebody can help me... I have recently bought a VMS2 and Im working virtual dj le with it, its working fine except the sound quality coming through my headphones is poor, often crackly and very fast small skips or blanks in the music which make it sound awful, also the songs waveform doesnt load up properly on some of the songs... I was hoping it wasnt an issue with the controller or software but I have had problems in the past with virtual dj home with the same things..

Does anybody know if maybe my laptop needs revamping?? Or anybody who has any information to help me with this or has personally overcome these problems in the past??

Any inforamtion is greatly appreciated and I thank you all in advance

Sam

Posted Sun 07 Apr 13 @ 2:00 pm
I just purchased a VMS2, downloaded the software but the controller will not work on my laptop, HP with Windows 8.1. In my device manager, it shows up as "other devices" with a yellow flag. It says "this device is not configured correctly". I try to update driver and it says "windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while trying to install it", "one of the installers for this device cannot perform the installation at this time". I've tried removing and reinstalling software and have talked with support at American Audio and they cannot figure it out. The controller works fine on my desktop and in it's device manager shows up as "sound, video and game controllers". If anyone can help with this, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Posted Thu 15 Sep 16 @ 4:24 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Maybe it doesnt like USB 3.0 ?
Try a different USB port, a different USB cable and a USB 2.0 hub

Posted Thu 15 Sep 16 @ 1:42 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)