Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Panels problems

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Dodge57PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hello,

I have a big problem to display panels. Here are two display types that I want to appear:

And here is the code I wrote :

The panels :
________________________________________________________________________________
<panel id="DECKMIX" visible="var '$SKINDISPLAY' 0 ? on : var '$SKINDISPLAY' 1 ? on : off">
<size width="1541" height="625"/>
<pos x="0" y="0"/>
<down x="0" y="2180"/>
</panel>
________________________________________________________________________________
<panel id="MEDBROWSER"visible="var '$SKINDISPLAY' 0 ? on : off">
<size width="1541" height="454"/>
<pos x="0" y="626"/>
</panel>

<panel id="LITTLEBROWSER" visible="var '$SKINDISPLAY' 1 ? on : off">
<size width="1541" height="253"/>
<pos x="0" y="626"/>
</panel>
<panel id="SPECTRESSUP" visible="var '$SKINDISPLAY' 1 ? on : off">
<size width="1541" height="200"/>
<pos x="0" y="880"/>
<down x="0" y="2965"/>
</panel>

The button to switch pannel
<button action="cycle '$SKINDISPLAY' 2">
<size width="174" height="70"/>
<pos x="1724" y="10"/>
<selected x="1055" y="1354"/>
<down x="1055" y="1354"/>
<over x="12" y="1354"/>
</button>

The Browsers :
<browser panel="MEDBROWSER">
<size width="1541" height="453"/>
<pos x="0" y="626"/>
<text font="Tahoma" size="18" color="#A0A0A0" selected="#505050" stripes="#181818" unfocused="#606060"/>
facecolor="#202020"
lightcolor="#404040"
shadowcolor="#404040"
highlightcolor="#303030"
darkshadowcolor="#303030"
trackcolor1="#505050"
trackcolor2="transparent"/>
</browser>

<browser panel="LITTLEBROWSER">
<size width="1530" height="250"/>
<pos x="2" y="628"/>
<text font="Tahoma" size="18" color="#A0A0A0" selected="#505050" stripes="#181818" unfocused="#606060"/>
facecolor="#202020"
lightcolor="#404040"
shadowcolor="#404040"
highlightcolor="#303030"
darkshadowcolor="#303030"
trackcolor1="#505050"
trackcolor2="transparent"/>
</browser>

When I select the first display panels ($SKINDISPLAY = 0), DECKMIX and MEDBROWSER panels displayed perfectly.

But when I select the second display panels ($SKINDISPLAY = 1) DECKMIX and SPECTRESSUP display correctly, but not LITTLEBROWSER ! It doesn't appear at all ! But if I click inside this panel, the different browser windows appear as and when ...

I did a lot of testing with groups, not through a variable etc ... but it does not work ...

someone has an idea ?

Posted Wed 20 Feb 13 @ 11:42 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Panels need to be in groups.
Only 1 panel from the same group will be displayed. So if all panels are in the same group, make sure the visible action return true only in 1 case. If more visible actions than 1 are true, then it will be displayed only one of them. I think the first one that finds true.

From what i can understand from your picture, The DECKS are stable, so you dont have to put them in panels, unless you have other pages that the DECKS need to go.
In case you need to keep the DECKS you need to create 2 panels for the bottom part of your screen..

<panel id="bottom1" group="bottoms" ..>
</panel>
<panel id="bottom2" group="bottoms" ..>
</panel>

Then the bottom2 panel can also have nested panels like..
<panel panel="bottom2" id="LITTLEBROWSER" group="Bottompanels2" ..>
</panel>
<panel panel="bottom2" id="SPECTRESUP" group="Bottompanels2" ..>
</panel>

--------------------------------------------------------------
Note for the visible....
Example
<panel panel="bottom2" id="SPECTRESUP" group="Bottompanels2" visible="var 'testvar' 1"
</panel>

If testvar=1 then the panel will be visible even if the panel bottom2 is not !!!! Doesnt happen all the time, but i ve been experienced this with multiple nested panels.
In this case you need to have..
visible="skin_panel 'bottom2' on ? var 'testvar' 1 ? true : false"

Note 2
-------------
In your image above, the LITTLEBROWSER and the SPECTRESUP" dont have to be panels actually. You can display anything you wish in there if all the elements are in bottom2 panel.
But in case you need to have different view for e.g. the SPECTRESUP, then you need to specify nested panels but those should have the same x,y,widht,height.

Posted Wed 20 Feb 13 @ 4:42 pm
Dodge57PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Thank you very much for these explanations djdad !

I found where my problem, thanks to you : I started my script using groups, but it didn't work.
I thought the pannels from the same group diplayed all at the same time and not vice versa !

Anyway I corrected my script and now it works.

Then I'll hide the pannel DECKMIX thereafter. And with your explanation, I should do it.

Thank you again !

Posted Thu 21 Feb 13 @ 4:13 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)