Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Import text file song lists to VDJ database

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I would like to be able to import a list of songs from a plain text file like this:

Artist One - Song One
Artist Two - Song Two
Artist Three - Song Three

.....into VDJ as a virtual folder of songs, adding each song to the folder if it exists in the VDJ library.

If the song doesn't exist, then a secondary list should be created which contains any missing songs, so that you know which songs are missing, and can add them later.

It would be nice if the facility was smart enough to question "near misses" and ask if it's the required song.

I have asked for this in the Wishes forum a year ago, with not much response, but I think it would be very useful.

For example, I went online yesterday to look for lists of songs I could use at a themed gig next month, and now have almost 300 songs in a list, but I cannot import those to VDJ unless I sit and manually search for each song in the browser, to see if I have it.

Posted Tue 19 Feb 13 @ 6:37 am
BUMP!

Does no one else think this is a good idea?

Doesn't anyone get given song lists by clients, or compile lists from web pages, then want to put them into VDJ?

I've currently got over 30 text files containing lists of songs that are just sitting in a folder on my hard drive because I can't import them into VDJ as virtual folder lists.

Most of the lists are of the "100 best [something]" type, so that's 3000 songs that I would have to manually look through, type into the VDJ search box, drag the result into a virtual folder......way too time consuming.

Posted Wed 06 Mar 13 @ 6:11 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Very sure there is a way some how, but it would require you to export your database content list from VDJ which is none existing right now, unless you can do it from the xml file itself and port it to a DB program like excel or access, once done you can easily import your text file and compare the two quickly..

....And yes I would also like to have a feature to export from the core program what's in the database, as far as doing what your asking from within the program may be to involved, besides to export will give you alot of flexibility to know and to print if needed...

+++

Posted Wed 06 Mar 13 @ 5:35 pm
Somebody please help me, because VDJ doesn't respond to my notes anymore.

When I download my songs into the playlists, (Pro Full, Premium Membership) they arrive with texted titles. When I close out VDJ, and reopen the next day.....ALL THE TEXTED TITLES HAVE CONVERTED TO A NUMBERING SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW CAN I DOWNLOAD IN SUCH A WAY THAT THE TITLES ALWAYS REMAIN IN TEXT??????????????

MARK HOUSTON 951 245 2878

Posted Fri 15 Mar 13 @ 11:49 pm
Excuse me - this my my thread, and your post has absolutely nothing to do with the topic being discussed.

Also, you've posted in the wrong forum area. Your problem is not related to plugins, and this is the plugins area.

According to the forum rules, thread hijacking is not permitted.

Please start your own thread in the relevant forum area.

Posted Sat 16 Mar 13 @ 11:38 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008

Posted Sat 16 Mar 13 @ 3:50 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)