Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: [Request & Suggestion] Adding VDJSkript to VST plugins

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ChacklPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hello dear develper Team!

I coud imagine, that i got a solution adding VDJsript to VST plugins.

In FlowStone by DSP-Robotics there is a possibility to send a String with 512 Byte to the VST Parameter System (the presetmanagement).
VirtualDJ is able to control the presetmanagement by "effect slider n" - but only float-type parametes.

Well so i imagined, what about adding an "SendCommand", "GetInfoRequest" & "GetInfoAnswer" Parameter (type String) to connect VSTs with the VirtualDJ command System.

So i imagined it like that:
SendCommand:
the VST pushes the command string to a Parameter called "SendCommand" and virtual DJ gets this string and executes the command.

GetInfoRequest:
the VST pushed a string to this Parameter and VirtualDJ gets the Info-Value and pushes the Info-Anser to "GetInfoAnswer"

Well i know ther is a lot work and no time - so maybe it is a Little step in Feature.

Why do i post this now?
Well, it does not let me sleep if i think about the power of "FlowStone" and VirtualDJ combined together - i did so much things with that combination - so if this Feature is added i can release an SDK based on FlowStone - so users that are interested could easyly create own effects to VirtualDJ

If you Need more info about the power of flowstone you could get a look here:
http://dsprobotics.com/index.html
What is Flowstone:
Flowstone lets you easily create own VSTi/VST effects by a grafical programming language.

For more questions, i'll be with you here at this Topic or through PM.

Regards,
C.Hackl

Posted Sat 09 Feb 13 @ 3:46 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)