Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Gemini Cntrl-7 HELP! - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hey guys, i am fairly new to the dj world, and just bought myself my first controller, the gemini cntrl 7 and im having a little trouble with it.

Okay so when ever i want to mix i always plug in my gemini to my laptop first then open up vdj, and sometimes it will get stuck on "loading external devices" and could display this message here...http://s576.beta.photobucket.com/user/pkowner/media/Untitled.png.html

Other times im mixing and vdj just stop out of no where and i look at my configuration settings to see if sound settings are still correct and it shows me this..http://s576.beta.photobucket.com/user/pkowner/media/nothing.png.html

I get messages sometimes usb is not recognised, but sometimes it will play with out a problem for hours, i really need help with this and can provide any other info you need!

I also wanted to try vjd out on my mac to see if i get the same issue but i lost my activation code for it, i still have the cd, i tried emailing gemini but no response yet on a new activation code any help would be amazing !

Edit- the controller came with Virtual dj LE.

Posted Fri 01 Feb 13 @ 1:29 pm
I am also having issues with Gemini CNTRL7. I recently one week back bought this product and was shipped to India. My problem is that the mixer hangs all the time. It disconnects from virtual dj le with only the power light on and then only sometimes reconnects. The song keeps playing with vdj in a semi hang position. This happens almost all the time and within 5-10 minutes of operation. Only sometimes it works for about an hour. I have checked the cable and everything in my laptop but cannot come to a solution. I don't know if its a hardware or a software fault. Kindly help, I am also a beginner.

Posted Sat 02 Feb 13 @ 1:15 pm

Posted Sat 02 Feb 13 @ 1:24 pm
I found the issue. Its my logitech mouse as well as my cellphone (or in fact any other cell phone near the device).
The system hangs regularly if you keep your cellphone near the mixer (roughly 2-3 feet or less).
Logitech USB mouse conflits with the MIDI or HID and hangs VDJ and the Hardware.
Overall, with these things into precaution my mixer now runs well.

Posted Sat 23 Feb 13 @ 4:36 am
hola alguien sabe como puedo crear los mapper de mi consola gemini cntrl 7 en virtual dj

Posted Thu 28 Mar 13 @ 10:12 am
Sorry, this forum is for English language messages only.

Please either post your message again in English or use the appropriate language forum at the bottom of http://www.virtualdj.com/forums to post in your own language.

Posted Thu 28 Mar 13 @ 11:34 am
nibuaLE userMember since 2013
Hi, my cntrl 7 just don't control nothing... The music playing on the decks is out by the controller audio output but I can't control the decks from the cgemini cntrl 7.

I'm using the vdj le from gemini. some help?? pls!!

Posted Sat 22 Jun 13 @ 10:49 am
After a year and a half with my Gemini Cntrl 7 its starting to give problems. When I kill everything the Mids and bass still pass through. when i looked in my Vdj Le i see the 0.78% is still coming through. if i use my mouse and right click it than it kills completely. Is there a problem with my Cntrl 7 or with Virtual Dj? somewhere along the line something is not linking up. any help will be great. Thank You

Posted Fri 13 Sep 13 @ 11:44 am

Posted Fri 13 Sep 13 @ 11:52 am
Hey guys just started to dj and bought myself a cntrl 7 gemini LE, and need some help so if you can email me at *****@****** thanks.

Moderation : Email has been removed

Posted Sun 26 Jan 14 @ 11:01 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Please be more specific and provide a full description of your issue.

I would suggest to read the Operation manual of the unit, which will provide you Setup and operation instructions prior posting again.

According to our Forum rules, No License Users may not post contact information

Posted Sun 26 Jan 14 @ 11:22 am
Hey guys, does anyone have this problem... I've used pro before and want to go back to pro, However the V-DJ Pro when i tested it (Always test before i purchase) does not detect the Gemini Controller. Can anyone explain this or did i waste $700 dollars on the CNTRL-7 for nothing?

Posted Thu 06 Feb 14 @ 5:06 am

Posted Thu 06 Feb 14 @ 5:58 am
Thanks for the advice, i just uninstalled my logitech controller software and i downloaded the newest trial, i'll try it before i go to work tonight and see how that works.

Posted Thu 06 Feb 14 @ 7:19 am
Thanks i tested it, it works fine.

Posted Thu 06 Feb 14 @ 8:34 am
When turning on my cntrl7 the touch lights stay lit. This prevents the song from playing, it thinks I have my hands on it all the time. Any ideas?

Posted Sun 21 Sep 14 @ 7:22 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Does this happen with both platters/sides ?
Is there any touch sensitivity knob to adjust ? Please check the unit and its manual. If not, please contact with Gemini. There may be a hardware issue.

Posted Mon 22 Sep 14 @ 9:10 am
I purchased CNTRL-7 and I have no sound coming out. What configurations should I follow. I am using windows 7.

Posted Mon 22 Sep 14 @ 12:08 pm
Hello..I got my gemini cntrl 7 and I purely dont know how to connect it to a pc..can you help me out with the process and the cables and wires needed..Please its very urgent !

Posted Tue 30 Sep 14 @ 4:40 pm
i have gemini cntrl 7 but its working only for 10 minutes or for a hour why is it?
problem with vdj LE or my gemini ?

Posted Sun 14 Dec 14 @ 6:48 am
67%