Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: New Effects Please?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

bww147LE userMember since 2011
Its been sometime since Virtual DJ has added any new sound effects so please can you add some. Or does anyone know if there is any other way to get sound effects

Posted Fri 25 Jan 13 @ 9:35 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
It's been less than a month since the last sound effect was added.

You can always use VSTs - or actually request an effect rather than 'more'.

It would also be nice if you supported the software by purchasing a copy of Pro, since LE can only use extra effects during the Pro trial....

Posted Sat 26 Jan 13 @ 9:25 am
awesome...
how about a dub step bass remod?

Posted Thu 31 Jan 13 @ 4:41 pm
bww147LE userMember since 2011
SBDJ wrote :
It's been less than a month since the last sound effect was added.

You can always use VSTs - or actually request an effect rather than 'more'.

It would also be nice if you supported the software by purchasing a copy of Pro, since LE can only use extra effects during the Pro trial....

Trust me if I had the $199 I would of bought The pro version a long time ago, i know thats a discount compared to the price for people who havent bought LE. It be great if they brought the price down to $100 for account holders or even $140.

Posted Thu 31 Jan 13 @ 7:11 pm
The discount is dependant on the product purchased and its price point (For some higher priced products, it can be as much as 50%)

However, regardless of discount, even the full price of $299 is very cheap considering everything that VirtualDJ can do and the fact that we also give free updates to the latest and future versions. Please support the software and its future development by purchasing it (Especially if you are working DJ and are making money as a result of using it at your gigs.)

Posted Fri 01 Feb 13 @ 6:08 am
bww147, it appears you had money to buy two iDJ3's and a Mixtrack, yet you can't afford to purchase the Pro version? For clarity, I have no beef with people just using the LE versions out there that come with their products, I did for a while too. But I didn't give anyone here grief about the price of the Pro version, nor did I ask for stuff that I was not entitled to. I understood that if I wanted the things that come with a Pro version, I'd need to buy that, and eventually, I did.

Also, if $199 seems like too high of a price, how exactly are you getting all the music you need? Are you purchasing your music legally? Because that takes money. Do you own speakers, and an amp? Other equipment? How much did you pay for your other gear? Virtual DJ is a piece of equipment like anything else. It's value is higher than perceived in other ways as well, because you don't just get whatever revision you are purchasing, you get all future revisions as well. When VDJ8 is released, guess how much it will cost me to upgrade to version 8? Nothing. Just download it and I am there... and when versions 8.1, 8.2... version 9, version 10... etc come out, it will cost me nothing, just time to upload. For other software owners, when the company has a new major release, there is an upgrade fee. VDJ may come out with other high end products, that will be an additional charge, but as far as the Virtual DJ Pro line, it's a one time purchase from my understanding. That's a nice value. The guys that bought in when they were at version 1.0, for a lower price, have had it free ever since... killer...

Posted Thu 14 Feb 13 @ 11:28 am
And again, for all the LE users, or free home users... good for you! If the LE version you are using, or the home user edition is working great for you, then you've got no reason to upgrade, and I personally have no judgemental attitude about it, I went LE for a while as well. LE is a legitimate version, and so even is the Home edition... with certain restrictions. It's just annoying when I see people complaining about the restrictions... even when I was a fellow LE user, I found it annoying when other LE or home edition or no license users would complain about the restrictions and/or price of the Pro version. Don't like the price of the Pro version? Stick with LE, or home edition... or go buy Tracktor, or PCDJ, or whatever you can find that's cheaper. Don't like those options? Pay for the Pro version, and don't gripe...LOL.

We don't like people trying to get our DJ services for peanuts, we should not ask others for the same.

Posted Thu 14 Feb 13 @ 11:37 am
sleeperawaken wrote :
how exactly are you getting all the music you need? Are you purchasing your music legally?

He's a premium member, so he's paying a monthly fee and probably downloading & caching it all from Grooveshark.

I've noticed from complaint threads that most of the premium members seem to be LE (or some other basic version) users.

You see them post things like "I was downloading from Netsearch for four hours at a gig, but then it stopped" :-O

Posted Thu 14 Feb 13 @ 12:23 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)