Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Numark DMC & Chip

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

BlokeHome userMember since 2003
Hi, I see that VDJ supports the DMC & Dac-2 now which is great. Does the DMC have to have the new chip from gizmolabs to work on VDJ or does the stock standard release chip work as well??

Posted Sun 14 Sep 03 @ 1:24 pm
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Yes you need the chip from Gizmolabs

Posted Sun 14 Sep 03 @ 2:35 pm
I just bought a dmc-1 and there is no new chip in there and it works fine for me,but if the new chip offer more things what is it ?

Posted Sun 14 Sep 03 @ 6:59 pm
Hmmm, I was thinking I would need the chip from gizmolabs, Dams are you 100% sure I would need the chip, it appears from DJ Phil that it is not neccessary. Phil are you sure your DMC isnt chipped?

Heres what gizmos web page says about it. You should be able to tell by the version number on the dmc at power-up. Can you let me know, please.

Our upgrade chip contains a firmware upgrade for your Numark / Visiosonic DMC-1 Controller. Installing the chip is a simple procedure and can be performed by anyone. Installing one of these chips in your DMC-1 will bring the following benefits and enhancements. Note: If your controller already has this upgrade, the display on the DMC-1 will show "2.1.1.5" on startup.

Expand Your Options
Enables the DMC-1 controller to work with other DJ software packages. Fully compatible
Works with all current Visiosonic software except the PCDJ 1210 Numark edition.
Improved Jog Wheels
Fixes the jitter on DMC-1 jog wheel. No More Lock Up
The DMC-1 will no longer "lock up".
Improved Sliders
Fixes the jitter on the DMC-1 pitch sliders. Automatic Controller Test
When used with PCDJ 5.0, the controller test is performed automatically.
No Controller Test
When used with PCDJ 5.1 and later, the controller test is no longer needed. Midi Support
The GizmoLabs DMC-1 MIDI driver turns the DMC-1 into a standard MIDI controller.

www.gizmolabs.net

Posted Sun 14 Sep 03 @ 7:54 pm
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
DJ PHIL IT your controller must be already chipped, because the controllers that are sent with PCDJ are locked to work with this software only. That's why you need the Gizmolabs chip to use it with Virtual DJ.

Posted Sun 14 Sep 03 @ 8:11 pm
He's right, you absolutely need the upgrade chip for the Numark DMC-1. http://www.gizmolabs.net

I am very happy that Virutal DJ supports...

the Numark DMC-1 (with uprade chip)
Visiosonic DAC-2 controller (no chip needed)
MIDI controllers
Soon to be released Virtual DJ XP-10 controller

WirelessDJ

Posted Tue 16 Sep 03 @ 2:34 am
Thanks for the info, makes sense. I am very keen to see the arrival of the xp-10 and hear what users have to say. This will be the greatest influencing decision on whether to leave my vinyl and go digital.

Posted Tue 16 Sep 03 @ 10:31 am
I just downlord the dmc-1 tester by gizmolabs and that let me know I do not have the new chip in my controller,so I don't know why the controller works some time it do lock up but I will still get the new chip

Posted Wed 17 Sep 03 @ 5:23 am
KentHome userMember since 2003
The reason it works is that the protection doesn't kick in immediately.
It starts after a random time, then the controller stops responding to keys pressed

Posted Mon 22 Sep 03 @ 4:28 am
The original DMC-1 was specifically designed to work with PCDJ and nothing else (locked). With the upgrade chip, the controller is unlocked to work with other programs like Virtual DJ. They also fixed some minor bugs. I highly recommend using virtual DJ with a wired controller. Either DMC-1 with upgrade chip or DAC-2 (no upgrade needed).

WirelessDJ

Posted Mon 22 Sep 03 @ 7:21 pm
chocosHome userMember since 2003
I have bought the DMC-1 to MixVibes website and it works fine with VDJ demo! I think they sell a version of the DMC-1 that includes de ship...

Posted Tue 23 Sep 03 @ 3:03 pm
Yes, Mixvibes and DJ Power sells controllers that are unlocked as well. That chip is the magic that opened the controller up to work with other programs. In fact, I know of a black box that will allow the DAC-2 to work with BPM Studio! but why would you want to do that I would like it the other way around. A black box that opens the BPM RCP controller ($1000) to work with VirtualDJ. If anyone knows a way of doing this PLEASE drop me a line wirelessDJ@comcast.net

Posted Wed 24 Sep 03 @ 1:58 pm
I'm with you if someone can make a chip for the BPM PRO 4.8 Controller I will buy it right away.

Posted Fri 26 Sep 03 @ 12:55 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)