Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Mixtrack pro mapping to control samples

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

PridayPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Please can anyone give me a mapping so I can control samples with a mixtrack pro? I'm guessing pressing a shift button to alternate between controlling the effects and controlling the samples would be best......

Posted Sun 23 Dec 12 @ 6:07 pm

Here is something you could use.. It does what you ask... I had to add a shift to make it work..

the controller should still have all the default actions, but if you have shift active and you press the 'effect active' button you will enable the sample mode. To show you that it's active the LED on the effect active button will blink 3 times per second. When the led is blinking the encoders will control the sampler volume from samplers 1 - 6... and the hot cue buttons will instead control the play back of the samplers. Hopefully there is no problems as it's untested.

EFFECT ON/OFF BUTTON
var 'shift' ? toggle '$sampShift' : var '$sampShift' 1 ? blink 333ms & set '$sampShift' 0 & effect active : effect active

LEFT ENCODER
var '$sampShift' ? device_side 'left' ? param_multiply 1% & sampler 1 volume : param_multiply 1% & sampler 4 volume : effect select

HOT CUE 1
var '$sampShift' ? device_side 'left' ? sampler 1 play_stop : sampler 4 play_stop : var "shift" ? delete_cue 1 : hot_cue 1

MIDDLE ENCODER
var '$sampShift' ? device_side 'left' ? param_multiply 1% & sampler 2 volume : param_multiply 1% & sampler 5 volume : param_multiply 1% & effect slider 1

HOT CUE 2

var '$sampShift' ? device_side 'left' ? sampler 2 play_stop : sampler 5 play_stop : var "shift" ? delete_cue 2 : hot_cue 2

RIGHT ENCODER
var '$sampShift' ? device_side 'left' ? param_multiply 1% & sampler 3 volume : param_multiply 1% & sampler 6 volume : param_multiply 1% & effect slider 2

HOT CUE 3
var '$sampShift' ? device_side 'left' ? sampler 3 play_stop : sampler 6 play_stop : var "shift" ? delete_cue 3 : hot_cue 3

Merry Christmas Mate, enjoy ;-)

Posted Mon 24 Dec 12 @ 5:28 am
Hi,

I have attempted to remap my mixtrack pro in the way you have shown so the effect sect changes to control the sampler when shift is heeled down, but with little success. Should I write the code in for the existing buttons or should i make new map controls, I am very confused?

Adam

Posted Wed 07 Aug 13 @ 6:50 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009

Posted Wed 07 Aug 13 @ 9:41 am
I am using virtual DJ Home 7 that I got from the app store currently because I am unsure whether to go for Virtual DJ pro or Traktor software as I am relatively new to mixing. where can I find the serial code for Home?

Adam

Posted Thu 08 Aug 13 @ 4:30 am
Please don't hijack topics by posting a message that is not related in any way. Your question has nothing to do with mapping a MixTrack Pro to control samples.

VirtualDJ Home FREE is free software and doesn't have or need a serial number. The latest version can be downloaded from http://www.virtualdj.com/download/free.html

If you need further assistance, please open your own new topic by clicking on the pen and paper icon at the top of the main forum topics list.

Posted Thu 08 Aug 13 @ 4:53 am
The reason this blog was started was due to this request, "Please can anyone give me a mapping so I can control samples with a mixtrack pro? I'm guessing pressing a shift button to alternate between controlling the effects and controlling the samples would be best……"

This is exactly what I am attempting to do with my mixtrack, so how is my comment unrelated? I am simply having trouble following the above instructions.

Also I am completely aware that virtual dj home is free??

Posted Fri 09 Aug 13 @ 1:35 pm
Please read my previous comment in the blog before making assumptions.

Adam

Posted Fri 09 Aug 13 @ 1:39 pm
You need VDJ Pro to be able to map. If you have the MTP that came with VDJ LE you can activate the pro trial, if you don't have LE you wouldn't be able to map anything. If you end up getting pro you would simply copy the scripts above into the mapper and replace what is there for the respective controls.

Posted Fri 09 Aug 13 @ 1:50 pm
Okay brilliant, I think I got a copy of that with the mixtrack so I'll get on it.

Thanks for the help!

Posted Fri 09 Aug 13 @ 2:32 pm
remember if you like VDJ you can use the LE serial to upgrade at half price... but only If the serial hasn't previously been upgraded.

Posted Fri 09 Aug 13 @ 2:39 pm
Hey everyone how can I download Virtual DJ pro mIXTRACK PRO send me a link EMAIL REMOVED

Posted Thu 12 Mar 15 @ 5:57 am

Posted Thu 12 Mar 15 @ 6:35 am
I like this idea! i would prefer if when pressing a button(effects) i can switch between the effects section and am able to use the sampler section with the same functions as effects. be able to search the samples and select and use them.

Posted Sun 31 May 15 @ 4:35 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)