Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Include 3rd Party Lib to c++ with VDJ plugins

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ChacklPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hello!!

I just wanted to add a 3rd party Lib into a VDJ-Sound effect plugin.
One DJ of the German Forum asked me if i could record the master buffer to a normal wave file that is saved to VDJ folder with title and author in the filename automaticaly.

I first did it in FlowStone but there it was to CPU heavy to save wave files - now i tryed to include the "libsndfile" found here:
http://www.mega-nerd.com/libsndfile/

But if i have included the Lib (With right-click ob project and properties and so on..) and export the effekt again VDJ dos not show me any button anymore :( - i eaven can't active the effect.

So is it possible to load 3rd party Libs to VDJ plugins or did i anything wrong?
I added the LIB path there:
Project Properties - Configuration - Linker - General - Aditional Libertypath (i just translated it to Enlish from german)

And i added the LIB File there:
Project Properties - Configuration - Linker - Entry - additional reference (also translated - i do not know exactly what the correct names in enlish would be)

Is there any chance to get this working?

Best regards
C.Hackl

Posted Mon 17 Dec 12 @ 9:43 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
you can also write in your code something like:

#pragma comment(lib, "d3dx9.lib")
#pragma comment(lib, "opengl32.lib")
#pragma comment(lib, "gdi32.lib")

maybe

#pragma comment (lib, "libsndfile-1.lib")

Posted Mon 17 Dec 12 @ 12:38 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I've used libsndfile in a plugin before so it should definitely work. If you're still stuck I can dig out how I used it.

Posted Mon 17 Dec 12 @ 1:40 pm
Well now i did this:

#pragma comment(lib, "C:\\Programme\\Mega-Nerd\\libsndfile\\lib\\libsndfile-1.lib")
#include "C:\Programme\Mega-Nerd\libsndfile\include\sndfile.hh"

So if i comply the plugin VDJ is not able to load anymore. If i exclude this lines, VDJ will be able to read the plugin again.

SBDJ, could you be so kind and take a look to your pluging that you made with the libsndfile and let me know how i could include it.

Best regards

Posted Tue 18 Dec 12 @ 1:39 am
Ok i got problems with those lines:

SndfileHandle outfile;
outfile = SndfileHandle(outfilename, SFM_WRITE, format, channels, samplerate);

If i include all and delete or exlude those lines VDJ is able to load the plugin.
Well i do not get it :( - any ideas that could be done to fix that?

Regards

Posted Tue 18 Dec 12 @ 1:51 am
Are there any Results Jet?

Posted Thu 20 Dec 12 @ 1:11 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
This works fine for me:

#pragma comment(lib,"libsndfile-1")

#include <sndfile.hh>

SndfileHandle *outfile=NULL;
const int wavformat=SF_FORMAT_WAV|SF_FORMAT_PCM_16;
outfile = new SndfileHandle(szFullPath.c_str(),SFM_WRITE,wavformat,format->channels,format->sample_rate);

Posted Fri 21 Dec 12 @ 5:48 pm
Olá..preciso de ajuda...
Adquiri Not Core I-5 2430M 2.4 Ghz Acer Aspire 5750-6415...estou usando Windons 7
Ocorre que ao executar video no Virtual Dj a imagem não fica bem definida e com pequeno atraso, alguém poderia me dar uma ajuda, estou querendo fazer uma pequena festa para amigos mas não com a imagem que esta aparecendo...Seria o Notbook ou configuração, esta segunda opção já tentei de tudo...Poderiam me indicar um Notbook compativél.....gratos

Posted Sat 22 Dec 12 @ 10:42 am
Sorry, this forum is for English language messages only.

Please either post your message again in English or use the appropriate language forum at the bottom of http://www.virtualdj.com/forums to post in your own language.

Please also don't hijack topics. From Google Translate, your message has nothing to do with including 3rd party C++ libraries in VirtualDJ plugins. Please open your own new topic in the appropriate forum.

Posted Sat 22 Dec 12 @ 12:35 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)