Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Alright kids... my new project sneak peak...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

OK, so I decided to tackle another "controller skin"

monstrous, that's what it is, however...

I started by completely re-creating all of the elements so that I could layer, change colors etc, then I had to figure out a way to lay out the screen as the controller is not designed to be used on screen but rather in conjunction with what's on the screen... so

here's what I have so far, I have been some changes to the design/layout and will most likely make a few more tweaks as I progress. As is always my beef with these style skins there is no room for the library because of the shape of the unit so I tried to be creative.

going to proceed with coding and work issues as they come but I wanted to let you guys take a peak at my progress.

Chuck

BTW for the time being this skin will only be 1920x1080 and 1920x1200 because of the complexity of the graphics

Posted Mon 03 Dec 12 @ 1:50 am
Skins like this make me laugh!

Surely if you've got a controller, you don't need everything on it to be duplicated on screen.

All you need on the screen is what the controller can't show you - a display containing artist, song title, tempo, playing time, waveform, cue point markers etc. and then the browser.

Posted Mon 03 Dec 12 @ 10:36 am
Looks really nice, even though like Groovindj I'm not really a fan of skins that replicate controllers. Being a MC-6000 owner its gotta be worth a spin!

Keith

Posted Mon 03 Dec 12 @ 10:47 am
well at least you releasing them in the proper resolutions, better to downsize them than to upsize them...

Posted Mon 03 Dec 12 @ 4:59 pm
I agree, but I think that skins like this are either a novelty or for people that don't own one.

For me, it's more artistic... like a "can I do it"

Chuck

Posted Mon 03 Dec 12 @ 9:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)