Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: VDJ LE Deck Shifting? (4 Decks?)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I own Virtual DJ LE and my Numark Mixtrack LE. In the comparison page here at Virtualdj.com, it says that VDJ LE is capable of utilizing 2 OR 4 decks. Does this mean that I can only use 4 decks if I bought an appropriate controller with separate shift keys? Or is there some way that I can map out a shift key on my Mixtrack LE? Could I buy a new mixtrack LE and use them both in tandem with the VDJ LE software? I understand that upgrading to pro would be a smart choice in the end anyway though.

Sincerely, confused...

Posted Fri 30 Nov 12 @ 9:55 am
VirtualDJ LE only supports 4 decks if the controller it was included with is actually designed to be a 4 deck controller.

Numark MixTrack is a 2 deck controller, but if you upgrade to the full VirtualDJ Professional at a discount then you can map a button to toggle the left/right decks so that you can control 4 decks. Custom mapping is not possible in VirtualDJ LE which is free limited software.

To upgrade to the full VirtualDJ Professional, please go to http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Posted Fri 30 Nov 12 @ 12:25 pm
You can't remap your controller with VirtualDJ LE and you can't switch skins so that you will be able to see the 4 decks.
You can use 4 decks only with a LE version that's designed to work with a 4 deck controller.
Even if you buy a second Mixtrack you won't be able to use 4 decks unless you upgrade to VirtualDJ PRO Full.
On the other hand if you buy a 4 deck controller, then the LE version that will come with this controller will be able to support 4 decks.

Posted Fri 30 Nov 12 @ 12:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)