Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Help Making New Skin

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Can anyone tell me how to make a skin from scratch?

Posted Thu 08 Nov 12 @ 8:02 am
that is a pretty ambiguous question... The best advice is just draw a picture in illustrator, corel draw, inkscape (free), photoshop, gimp (free), paint.net (free). I think adobe illustrator is the best but it ain't cheap.

Then the easiest way to code it is with jerem k's program, but you could use any text editor like sublime text (sort of free), notepad++ (free), e-text editor or just the standard notepad in windows or the Mac equivalent.

Check the skin sdk in the wiki for how to code the different elements but it follows the standard XML format.

When you are drawing your skin make sure you include the button states eg mouse over, active, off etc... and the knobs are done in frames.

I believe LE users get access to some skins so you should download one to see the types of images you need to make to get an idea of what is required. And open the XML file to see what is involved in the code, but don't get put off it's pretty straight forward for most things and you can always ask about the slightly more difficult bits.

The main problem you will have is that you need VDJ Pro or Broadcastor to take advantage of skins.

Posted Thu 08 Nov 12 @ 8:39 am
Thanks; will go to work at it.

Posted Thu 08 Nov 12 @ 9:01 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)