Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Problem downloading Sound effect plugins...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

bww147LE userMember since 2011
I have been a user of virtual DJ almost a year now, I love the software but cant seem to figure out when I download sound effects sometimes they either dont work or will work but after a week they end up freezing my computer and i have to uninstall it. this is frustrating essepcially when im in the middle of mixing and a effect i use ****s up and ruins what i was recording. Please if anyone knows either the right way to download plugins or maybe a better safer way help me.

[Moderated: Please do no use bad language in your forum posts]

Posted Fri 26 Oct 12 @ 9:05 pm
You have a limited version of VirtualDJ LE that only supports using custom effects for 20 days as a trial of the full VirtualDJ Pro. If you have been using the software for almost a year then your trial has long since expired and you are most likely using an illegal version of the software that does not work correctly, which is probably why you are having these problems.

Please support the software and its future development by purchasing it http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html, especially if you are a working DJ and you are making money as a result of using it. Your VirtualDJ LE entitles you to a discount off the cost of upgrading.

You can then install the latest v7.2 version of the software. If you still have problems after this, please post details of the effects that you are having trouble with. Effects published in our official plugin download area http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/index.html should all be safe to use. Effects obtained from elsewhere may be unreliable and/or could be out-of-date versions that have bugs that have been fixed by their author in later versions.

Posted Sat 27 Oct 12 @ 1:20 pm
bww147LE userMember since 2011
Well that explains it, you are correct after my free trial was over i just downloaded the crack. Trust me if I had $199 to spend on the full version I would but that just isnt the case right now for me. But thanks for the advice and I definitley will buy the full verson once I have the money.

Posted Sun 28 Oct 12 @ 10:21 pm
In that case you should use your legitimate LE version until you have saved up enough to upgrade to the full legitimate VirtualDJ Pro. If you are a working DJ then you should have this money after doing a few gigs.

Using an illegal version for live public performance (Regardless of whether you are being paid or not) is strongly not recommended. It will just cause you embarrassment when it fails on you and in the case of a paid gig, it could cost you your job as a result. You could also get into serious trouble if you are caught by authorities using illegal software and/or music. Even if you are just using it at home for fun it will cause you frustration when it crashes on you.

Please see: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Illegal%20Pirate%20Version.html

We hope to see you as a legitimate user soon.

Posted Mon 29 Oct 12 @ 5:51 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)