Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: No 1920x1080 version of the default skin?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,
I am trying out VirtualDJ Home as I haven't decided yet what DJ software I am going to use.
My laptop has a screen resolution of 1920x1080, but the default skin of VirutalDJ does not contain a 1920x1080 version.
All resolutions I try look a blurry or out of scale and respond very slow, like my laptop graphics card isn't powerful enough. Unusable for DJ-ing in any way.
Why is there no 1920x1080 skin shipped by default with VirtualDJ?

Posted Fri 19 Oct 12 @ 2:32 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
There are plenty of 1920x1080 skins for licensed users so it's not something you would have to worry about.

I suspect the amount of 1920x1080 users are still in a relative minority - I used my own skin on my last laptop (1920x1200) and am using a version of GROM that I modified for video on my current laptop (1920x1080).

Posted Fri 19 Oct 12 @ 8:40 pm
Yes, for licensed users it is.
But I wanted to know whether the VirtualDJ software plays correctly on my laptop, BEFORE purchasing it.
With the current (low resolution) skins, it is not possible to tell this.

Posted Sun 21 Oct 12 @ 3:08 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Larger skin resolution will not change anything to the functionality of the software. Simply, maximizing the skin will not be necessary and cpu usage will be lower.

Posted Sun 21 Oct 12 @ 11:02 am
Thank you for you reply.
I tried un-maximizing the software, and now it works smoothly indeed. :-)

Maybe the software should not auto-maximize itself when the skin resolution is not the same as the screen resolution, to prevent users from thinking that their computer isn't powerful enough to run the sofware.

But I still think you should supply a default 1920x1080 skin, because more and more screens use this resolution these days...

Posted Mon 22 Oct 12 @ 2:45 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)