Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hiding the Automix Button

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have a young lad that I am training how to DJ with my equipment, software and music. I was wondering if there is a way to hide the automix button so that he can't become dependent on it if I am not there. Anyone?

Posted Sun 07 Oct 12 @ 1:35 pm
remove it from the XML from the skin u using.

Not sure the exact line, but it's there.

Posted Sun 07 Oct 12 @ 9:00 pm
Thank you. I will have a look

Posted Mon 08 Oct 12 @ 5:30 am
If you refer to the "thunder" sign next to the playlist window that engages automix, then it can't be removed!
It can only be ghosted if you wish (e.g. it won't be visible but still clicking on that area will engage automix)

Posted Mon 08 Oct 12 @ 7:13 am
That is what I mean. How would I go about "ghosting" it?

Posted Mon 08 Oct 12 @ 12:11 pm
If you want to remove the IMAGE from the skin (but clicking that spot still activates it), just edit your SKIN IMAGE and remove it. Have done this before.

If you want to leave the image in the skin but disable the feature, edit the XML file and remove the entire line concerning said feature.
(you can always add a Funky KEY Combo SHORTCUT for yourself that no one knows about) if you want to enable it.

Of course if the user is smart enough, they can go to the CONFIG and make some changes.
You can take care of that also if you like. Just edit the XML again and remove anything to do with CONFIG.

Before you play around with your XML file, make a copy of it.

Posted Mon 08 Oct 12 @ 2:33 pm
The Magic.DJ wrote :

If you want to leave the image in the skin but disable the feature, edit the XML file and remove the entire line concerning said feature.

That won't work for the automix icon (the "thunder" shortcut) since it's embedded on the BROWSER!

ian_twotribes wrote :
That is what I mean. How would I go about "ghosting" it?

You should open the default skin and use paint or another graphics editor to modify the icon:

1. Unzip the skin
2. Open the BMP file with MS-Paint or a similar app
3. Find the icon. Take a look here: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Default%20Icons.html You will need to modify the "G7" and "H3" icons
4. Paint them with the backrgound color. I believe it's #8C6239 (R:140,G:98,B:57)
5. Save the BMP file
6. Copy the original zip file to a safe place
7. Rezip the BMP file inside the original zip file
8. Try to open VirtualDj and make sure it's ok (Skin loads without errors and the button is not visible)
9. DISABLE TOOLTIPS!!! If you leave tooltips enabled then when the user hovers the "ghosted" area the tooltip will show up and he will know that he's over the automix button. If you disable the tooltips even if the mouse is exactly above the ghosted button your user will have no way to know it...

Posted Tue 09 Oct 12 @ 11:58 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)