Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Files acting wacky....

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have about a dozen files discovered so far that are appearing and playing in VDJ as anywhere from 18-55 seconds. These files are full length songs that read fine in explorer and play fine and in full length in Winamp and PCDJ. They are on an external drive. Worked fine last week. Same issue in VDJ on home PC and work PC. I have checked, cleaned and fixed in configure> browser. Any thoughts?

Posted Mon 01 Oct 12 @ 12:19 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
What format are they? (mp3, flac, ogg, aac, wav)

Posted Mon 01 Oct 12 @ 3:38 pm
mp3

Posted Mon 01 Oct 12 @ 9:02 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Try one of them, rightclick and choose to Re-analyze. Load the song on a deck and see if the file plays normally now.
If not..
Rightclick on that file -->File infos .. and post a screenshot of that window here.

Posted Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 8:58 am
(1/2) the pic u requested...

Posted Thu 04 Oct 12 @ 2:03 am
Here you can see the proper length when trying to delete the file. I think it\'s more of an issue with my external drive. I tried coping all files to a backup drive and for some reason it kept giving me a lot of \'cannot read file\' errors and would freeze many times, resulting in my canceling the copy. I tried to to a defrag on the drive but that didn\'t solve the issue either. Been working. so have not tested files in multiple players/dj software. But like I said, plays normal in winamp. Also still need to figure out exactly how many files and if these methods work to get any of them back to normal. Have the next few days off to test some more. Will keep you updated.

Posted Thu 04 Oct 12 @ 2:11 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)