Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: GetInfo with "Status"

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ChacklPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hello!

I wanted to use getinfo to get the value called "status" to find out if the song is scratched or not.
But eaven if i scratch or play the deck, the value seems to stay at zero. Is therere an other option?
I'm using the actual SDK vom the site vor V6.

Best regards, C.Hackl

Posted Fri 21 Sep 12 @ 2:46 am
I believe that Status returns the following values:
0=deck not loaded/empty
1=deck loaded
2=deck loading

I may be wrong here, since it's a lot time since I last used the SDK though...

PS: You can query "touchwheel_touch" for most controllers that have touch sensitive jogs.
When "touchwheel_touch" gets to 1 thats your starting point (the user starts scratching).
When it gets back to 0 that's your outro/exit point. The user stoped scratching...

Posted Fri 21 Sep 12 @ 5:09 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
I believe that Status returns the following values:
0=deck not loaded/empty
1=deck loaded
2=deck loading

I may be wrong here, since it's a lot time since I last used the SDK though...

PS: You can query "touchwheel_touch" for most controllers that have touch sensitive jogs.
When "touchwheel_touch" gets to 1 thats your starting point (the user starts scratching).
When it gets back to 0 that's your outro/exit point. The user stoped scratching...

Well Status is not cotaind at v6, it seems like that.
And if you readout touch it won't respond if you scratch on skin. so i have to find another fix by reading the aktual position and calculate its speed

Regards

Posted Fri 21 Sep 12 @ 6:17 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I can't think of any way with the v6 SDK myself.

As above you could use touchwheel_touch (which would return in vint) but you'd have to check speedwheel_touch too, and you'd still miss lots of potential scratches.

Posted Fri 21 Sep 12 @ 8:40 pm
Would it be possible to Combine SDK V5 and SDK V6?

So that you habe getinfo5() and getinfo6() would this be possible?

Regards

Posted Sat 22 Sep 12 @ 12:50 am
Well i did now the comlet slipmode for scratches in an own effect that has the SDK of V5. The Slipmode for Loops and Reverse is in an effeckt with SDK V6.

Well of yourse touch_wheel would be a solution -but an realy ugly one - if you make a backspinn an you "untouch" the whole slipeffect gets out of tempo. that was not the idea of slipmode ;) - so now i got in in V5 with "Status" as getinfo ans "song_pos +value" for adjusting the track.

Regards i'll release it soon ;)

Posted Sat 22 Sep 12 @ 6:01 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)