Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: I have a Slipmode plugin idea - but c++ is getting me down

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ChacklPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hello!

I'm a german programmer and i developed some plugins vor Virtual DJ. Put they are made with Synthmaker and now i need some stuff with the SDK and c++ - Since beginn of summer i experimented wit Visual c++ and the SDK of Virtual DJ found on wiki. and i got a working (little buggy) slipmode with the "clone_deck" script. But for me that is not enouch!

what i want to do is to messure the time that the effect is turned on and after turning it off the effekt manipulates the song position to the measured time - to get the slipmode as found on Pioneer CDJ 900 or 2000 nexus.

Well that it is doing is simplple but my c++ is verry basik and synthmaker can't do such things.

Here is a little "diagramm" how i imagine it:

[On Effect Active]
Time_start = system-time
deck_pitch = get "pitch" <- Save the Pitch of the Virtual DJs Deck, where the effekt is executed
song_pos_start = get "time" <- Save the songs time Position

[On Effect Stop]
Time_stop = system-time
time_dif = Time_stop - Time_start
time_dif = time_dif * deck_pitch <- calculates the time with the startpitch
new_time = song_pos_start + time_dif <- claculate the ned position for the deck in Milliseconds!!!
Sendcommand "goto " & new_time & "ms" <- goto the new songpos on the deck

Please Please Please Please Please Please,
Maby some c++ Guro is able to help me with that :D

Thanks,
Best regards C.Hackl

Posted Thu 20 Sep 12 @ 4:24 am
1) I would make it an "Other" plugin... This means that it would work all the time (no need for activation, no de-activation when the deck loads a new song)
2) I would use variables to perform the "SLIP" activation
3) I would catch more than effect activation... Loops, scratch, e.t.c... The cool thing is that you can query almost anything you want via the plugin, or you can adjust your mapper to do so...
4) Your diagram above is correct on most of it's part... I can't understand what's exactly you need though... If you need help with the actual code then I can't be much helpful since my c++ knowledge is limited.

Posted Thu 20 Sep 12 @ 5:24 am
Thanks for the tip with other, did not thought about that up to now ;)

Well actual the problem is the code - the handle seems to be quite different than in ruby or in Visual basic.
Even the include of ruby does not work at me so i end up with an idea, i know the flow of the code but i'm not able to get anything working in C++ :(
So actualy i have only problem writing the c++ code and google seems not to help me, it confuses me much more if i search for things like timemeasurement in c++ and none of the samples that users in the internet have written were working at me :(

So is there any c++ guro that may help me with the coding?

Best regards

Posted Thu 20 Sep 12 @ 6:04 am
Well good news i got it managed by my selve as Soundeffect - i'll make some experiments mabe i'll get it as "other" pluging.

Regards,
Chackl

Posted Thu 20 Sep 12 @ 11:12 am
how ist it possible to get thos Actions in a Virtual DJ Plugin:

I Need a procedur that is executed at every:
"Before - lopp-Start" (when VDJ starts a Loop)
"After loop-Exit" (VDJ end or Closes a Loop)
"Before Scratch start" (VDJ starts Scratching on a deck
"After Scratch stop" (VDJ stops Scratching"
"Bevor Reverse Start" (VDJ starts Reverse)
"Avter Reverse end" (VDJ end reverse) is that possible?

To hold on on milliseconds seems to be good enouth, you nearly are not able to hear a difference.

Please help - of course i'll share the Effekt after it is finished ;)
Best regards, C.Hackl

Posted Thu 20 Sep 12 @ 3:19 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)