Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Video Effect Plugins Cause Fuzzy Video?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm trying to develop my own video effect plugin, and I thought I was doing something wrong because I return S_FALSE from OnDraw to let VirtualDJ do the work (and don't do anything else yet), but any time my plugin is active, the video output gets "fuzzy". After trying many different things without success, I tried messing around with the plugins that come with VirtualDJ and discovered they do the exact same thing! If I activate Text or Titler, the video goes fuzzy. On my 1080 HDTV, the effect is practically unnoticeable, but in the 320x240 windowed mode it is much more pronounced. It appears to be about a 1x1 fuzzing effect, and I'm not sure where it's coming from. I'm wondering if it's related to my hardware (ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470) or a bug in the program?

Posted Sun 09 Sep 12 @ 6:43 pm

Posted Sun 09 Sep 12 @ 7:24 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
What about if you draw your own output and return S_OK?

Posted Sun 09 Sep 12 @ 9:38 pm
In the steps listed by djcel in the topic you started years ago, I tried the first (returning S_FALSE) and second (DrawPrimitiveUP and return S_OK) technique. It is my understanding that these are roughly equivalent, so I am not surprised that I got the same results with both. My next diagnostic step will be to use my own texture and, failing that, my own vertices. Can someone else test VirtualDJ video output with a known-good rig to find out if this is an isolated incident?

In the OP, when I mention that it seems like a 1x1 effect, I'm talking pixels. This is why I think it is more noticeable in the windowed video output, but that is of course just a hypothesis for now.

Posted Sun 09 Sep 12 @ 11:00 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)