Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Crossfader; Toggle Active/Inactive

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ClayDJPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hi All,

I have a button on my mixer that I would like to toggle my crossfader active/inactive (on or off) with.

I will be using this crossfader on/off button in conjunction with the individual channel faders, the crossfader curve knob, and the the normal "A" / "B" crossfader slider.

If the on/off button is pressed, the crossfader should become inoperative and the individual channel faders should work as normal. When the on/off button is pressed again, the crossfader should become active and work as normal.

What would be the command string to do this?

Thanks in advance,
Clay

Posted Sun 09 Sep 12 @ 6:19 pm
button
toggle '$cf_switch' & var '$cf_switch' 1 ? on : off

crossfader
var '$cf_switch' 1 ? nothing : crossfader

If you have the LED properly linked in the definition file, it will be "on" when the crossfader is switched deactivated otherwise it will be "off". If the LED is not linked you can simply map the following to the LED of the button.

var '$cf_switch' 1 ? on : off

enjoy..

Posted Sun 09 Sep 12 @ 6:28 pm
ClayDJPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hi Synthet1C,

Thanks so much for your help (again)!

Referencing your recommended crossover slider string;
When using "nothing" instead of "crossfader 50%", the output (when crossfader is deactivated) would only be the last track that the crossfader was playing.

For the crossover slider syntax, I did have to change it to:
var '$cf_switch' 1 ? crossfader 50% : crossfader
This allows the crossover slider (when deactivated) to output evenly from all players no matter where the slider was previously located.

Works great now,
Thanks,
Clay

Posted Mon 10 Sep 12 @ 7:51 am
No worries clay, anytime..

Posted Mon 10 Sep 12 @ 9:40 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)