Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Plugin Development

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello,

I'm trying to create a small plugin for VDJ (that would add songs to the queue with +0/-1/-2/+1/etc. tonality, and also can list queued songs, etc.), but I need some guidance, can you please provide me with whom to contact ?

Viewing the requirements of that supposedly new plugin, can it be both Controller and DSP plugin capable ?

Please note that I'm not a DJ, and I don't work in the music industry, I'm a software developer.

Thanks in advance.

Posted Mon 27 Aug 12 @ 5:30 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Hi,

What you want to do would be better compiled against the base class rather than one of the inherited classes such as controller and DSP.

You can easily add the currently selected song in the browser to the playlist, however you can't set conditions against those songs. You would have to poll and adjust yourself when the song is loaded.

There is no easy way to get a list of the queue either - you could select the playlist window and scroll down them getting info on each one as you go, or you could save the playlist and then parse the file. I've never tested either of these methods myself.

Regards,

Scott

Posted Mon 27 Aug 12 @ 5:52 pm
Thanks for the info, but where are the .dll files related to IVdjPlugin, IVdjPluginDsp, and IVdjPluginVideoFx located ?
Can a plugin be developed without dynamically loading one or more of these DLLs ?

Posted Tue 28 Aug 12 @ 6:47 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006

Posted Tue 28 Aug 12 @ 6:58 am

Posted Tue 28 Aug 12 @ 7:51 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)