Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Numark N4 - VDJ LE Beatmatching Issue

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

j_dj00LE userMember since 2010
So...here's the issue, having been an avid user of VDJ with the Control Steel, I've upgraded to the N4, and the 4-deck version of VDJ LE. Simple?
Not quite, for some reason (I'm aware of the sync button issue and the master deck auto switching issue) Decks 1 and 2 refuse to sync perfectly - either with the auto sync (eurrgh) button or manually beatmatching.
Now Decks 3 and 4 are not a problem, so I can get around the issue by just using these two as my main outputs (although that means I've effectively only got a 2 deck version).
Even trying Deck 1 with Deck 3, or Deck 2 with Deck 4 gives the same issue. So there seems to be something up with my Deck 1 and 2 - firmware issue maybe?
I've downloaded latest version of ASIO and VDJ LE from Numark, so really don't know what the problem may be - anyone else experienced this??
Thanks in advance...

Posted Thu 23 Aug 12 @ 3:53 pm
ZablarPRO InfinityMember since 2011
well I highly doubt manually beatmatching doesnt work. Any way, first off, check if the songs are perfectly beatgrided, you can adjust the beatgrid manually by rightclick on the song and edit it. VDJ doesnt always beatgrid songs perfectly and to use synch button you should always take a quick look on the beatgrid. If this is not the case, check the CPU bar on the top, run all the 4 decks as you mentioned and check if it hits the redzone or if its close to do so. If it goes into the redzone I think it could be latency issues which means you need to go to "performances" settings and do some changes.

Posted Thu 23 Aug 12 @ 4:16 pm
Thanks - manually beatmatching doesn't work - the beat grid is aligned etc etc but the beat always slip out (I can keep them in sync with pitch bend etc, but it doesn't stay in sync), I seriosuly can't figure out the problem.
I'll try with the 4 decks running, but it just seems odd that 3 and 4 will work but not 1 and 2?

Posted Thu 23 Aug 12 @ 4:59 pm
Sorry - have sorted now, just reduced the buffer size on the ASIO4ALL driver. Wish Numark would get their act together and release a dedicated AISO driver!

Posted Thu 23 Aug 12 @ 5:32 pm

Posted Fri 24 Aug 12 @ 4:25 am
Thanks - just about the WMD audio driver, I guess I just download this and in te sound setup config it will give me an option for 4.1 sound card/n4? Currently if I uninstall ASIO I only have the single output option in the drop down. Sorry, bit of a noob on this stuff!

Posted Fri 24 Aug 12 @ 4:48 am
Nothing needs to be downloaded. WDM audio is built into Windows and is plug and play.

You may need to leave ASIO4ALL installed for VirtualDJ LE (See below) - Choosing WDM will simply not use it.

Then try choosing the following (In the order shown below):

Inputs: None
Outputs: Headphones
Sound card: 4.1 card -> Choose the N4 in the list

If these options are not available, then VirtualDJ LE (Which is free limited software) may be restricted to using ASIO4ALL only (This may have been required by Numark.) The full VirtualDJ Pro (Which you can upgrade to a discount) doesn't have this limitation.

Posted Fri 24 Aug 12 @ 5:01 am
Cheers - will try that. Thanks for your help!

Posted Fri 24 Aug 12 @ 5:27 am
Sorry to bump this topic up again, but I seem to be still having the same problems...
I've tried reducing the buffer size of the ASIO4ALL driver, which seemed to work initially (after re-installing VDJ), but then about halfway through a mix the problem reappeared.
I then tried using the 4.1 sound card which still gives the same problem.
I don't understand how decks 3&4 can sync perfectly with each other, but 1&2 will not sync perfectly, even 1&3 or 2&4 doesn't work...any help would be greatly received - otherwise the N4 might be going back!

Posted Sun 07 Oct 12 @ 9:05 am
Does anyone have any ideas - appreciate any help or advice as I'm now at a complete loss on what other options to try!

Posted Tue 09 Oct 12 @ 7:51 am
Have you tried asking Numark?

Posted Tue 09 Oct 12 @ 12:26 pm
Numark have been useless at best!
So I think I may now have narrowed it down to something to do with key lock being activated - when syncing with key lock on the decks are out of sync ever so slightly. Cue them both up again with key lock off and it seems to work...god only know what is going on but hopefully that has sorted my problem...although its a shame that function is now obsolete in my world!

Posted Tue 09 Oct 12 @ 1:59 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)