Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Numark N4 Problems With Microphone, Help

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello I just bought Numark N4 , I have connected everything , activated the 20 day trail for PRO Options on the VDJ LE that came with the Numark N4, but I cannot configure the microphone, it just dont work at all. If anyone can help me I will be great full.

Posted Fri 17 Aug 12 @ 8:41 am
You haven't provided any info on how you've set things up, so:

You've plugged a mic into the mic socket on the front of the N4, yes?

You've turned up the mic volume on the front of the N4 (the correct volume control for the input you're using).

You've turned the mic switch on the front of the N4 to 'on'.

You've connected powered speakers or an amp & speakers to the output sockets on the back of the N4 and turned up the master volume.

If you've done all that and you've got no output, maybe your mic is broken. Can you try another mic, or even use a pair of headphones?

Posted Fri 17 Aug 12 @ 9:57 am
Is the N4 mic socket a hardware one, if so it won't be fed back in to VDJ for recording if that's what you're trying to do?

Keith

Posted Fri 17 Aug 12 @ 10:06 am
You haven't provided any info on how you've set things up, so:

You've plugged a mic into the mic socket on the front of the N4, yes?

You've turned up the mic volume on the front of the N4 (the correct volume control for the input you're using).

You've turned the mic switch on the front of the N4 to 'on'.

You've connected powered speakers or an amp & speakers to the output sockets on the back of the N4 and turned up the master volume.

If you've done all that and you've got no output, maybe your mic is broken. Can you try another mic, or even use a pair of headphones?

Yes I did all of that, the microphone I think it's working because when i plugged it in to the headphones entry , i could hear a sound/music in the mic.

Posted Sun 19 Aug 12 @ 2:58 am
I am glad i seen this I had purchased the mixtrack idj3 and realized now you can not broadcast or record because of the mic is directly connected to the master outputs or something. Is this the case with all numark decks including the n4? I was going to purchase the n4 but if this is the issue with all numark decks I may look elsewhere. Are there any controllers that cost in the 200 to 400 dollar range that do not have this issue? Also do you need asio drivers for this controller as well? Sorry if I am hijacking this thread. But this is the same issuue I am having when i try to broadcat online.

Posted Fri 23 Nov 12 @ 5:00 pm
C-LoddyPRO InfinityMember since 2013
@ KRadcliffe is there a way to get the microphone to work for the N4 for broadcasting purposes? I have changed it to the Input 4 and switched the input to Line-In from PC. However, I get a constant echo and it doesn't play through the master volume.

Posted Sat 13 Jul 13 @ 1:51 am
i had same problem with my n4 but all you have to do is use mic input on laptop and that works perfect

Posted Mon 09 Dec 13 @ 1:11 pm
Guys anyone else have a problem using a wireless mic wit the n4??

Posted Sun 02 Oct 16 @ 8:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)