Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Mixtrack Pro Issues with Headphones, Cue, Crossfader, Etc..

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

bgmagicPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I posted this over on the Numark website but thought I would ask here as well... Please help!

I almost had a disaster at a wedding this past weekend. I recently got the Mixtrack Pro and I hooked it up and tested everything and all worked fine.

This past weekend I hooked everything up just as usual but something went wrong with the ability to control things. I'm using Windows 7, along with Virtual DJ Pro 7.05b (which I purchased) on an Intel i7 laptop. I have it hooked up via a USB2 cable, output 1 RCA going to my amplifier which then goes to my speakers. Things worked fine the previous night during testing.

When I hooked everything up and turned on the computer, I noticed that once Windows booted, the Mixtrack lights were not on. So I unplugged the cable and replugged, Windows found it and the lights came on. I started VDJ and the lights shifted showing that VDJ found the controller and I thought we were ready to go. Here's where the problems started. Headphones were not working at all. They are plugged into the front headphone port on the Mixtrack Pro and I could not get any output from them at all. When I would go to load a song on deck A, I'd move the crossfader to the left as normal, press play, and I would hear the song out of my main speakers. Song starts to play fine, but when I move the crossfader all the way to deck B, the volume lessens slightly but I can still hear the song from deck A through the main speakers. When I would do the same for deck B, and move the fader to A, same thing, I can still hear it playing. I notice that when I turn the 2 knobs at the top that are supposed to be for controlling headphone volume (gain) and cue/mix, its controlling the main speakers. It seemed like my headphone and mains were swapped (although my headphone port, like I said, was getting no output). Things just didn't work right at all. I figured it was the settings in VDJ, so I checked them again, and they are 100% correct.

Input: None
Output: 1/2 Main, 3/4 Headphones
Soundcard: Numark

I tried the advance config and manually configured them to match, still didn't work. I reversed them and switched the RCA cables on the back to output 2, still the problem was there. I tried changing USB ports on the laptop, restarting VDJ and the laptop more than 5 times, and uninstalled the driver from within Device Manager in order to have Windows redetect it on the next boot. This is a brand new Dell laptop by the way. By now I'm sweating and shaking cause the gig is about to start and I have no other controller with me. By some dumb luck I finally got things to detect and work right after a final reboot. Meaning headphones, crossfader, and cue/mix / volume knobs were working as normal. I cannot have this happen again and I'm very much considering changing controllers even though I really don't want to. The Mixtrack has everything I want, but I can't find any explanation as to why this happens. I hooked everything up at home and I am still having the same issues. I've reinstalled VDJ making sure it wasn't that. Only 1 out of 10 tries does the controller properly map its outputs. I bought the controller a few months ago from Guitar Center in preparation for this event, otherwise I might have taken it back if I would have known I would have issues. Is there anyone that can help me?

Posted Mon 13 Aug 12 @ 8:23 am
Sorry you're having issues, that's a terrible feeling to have at a gig!

It sounds like you're configuring audio right in VDJ, so I'll make a windows suggestion:

- disable your laptop's (not mixtrack's) built in sound card. Mouse over the lower right corner of the desktop to the small grey speaker icon, Right click the speaker icon to get a menu, Left click on "Playback Devices", a new menu should appear showing all of your connected sound cards, Right click on the laptop sound card, Left click disable.

Thats it! Now I can't say that this will fix your problem, but I find it helpful in reducing a layer of routing confusion within Windows.

Posted Tue 14 Aug 12 @ 10:21 am
bgmagicPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I will give that a shot. If not then I might just have to get a different controller.

Posted Fri 17 Aug 12 @ 3:22 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
It appears that Windows faulty detected the Mixtrack Sound card as a Stereo one. Rightclick on the speakers icon, choose Playback devices, select the Numark sound card and then select .. Configure. Make sure its set to Quadrophonic mode.

Posted Fri 17 Aug 12 @ 6:22 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
bgmagic wrote :
I will give that a shot. If not then I might just have to get a different controller.

Don't give up on the controller just yet. I've been using it for over a year now, with XP and Win 7.
I have had XP detect the sound card wrong once, unplugging the USB and putting it back in solved it.
What you describe could be that you plugged your output 2 into your PA.

I have done this several times. And if your CUE/Mix knob is not all the way to CUE, you would then get both decks mixed on the output.

Posted Sun 19 Aug 12 @ 10:47 pm
Im having issues with my cue mix knob on my Numark Mixtrack Pro. It wont switch between PGM and CUE. Whichever deck is highlighted as CUE plays primarily through the headphones and when I turn the knob I cant hear the other track playing. I cannot use the knob to switch between what is playing and what I need to cue in. This happened at a gig and i cant seem to figure this problem out, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted Fri 13 Nov 15 @ 7:48 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Replied to your other topic. Please dont cross-post

Posted Fri 20 Nov 15 @ 12:49 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)