Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Cueing songs with VMS2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Using virtual dj pro 7 and American Audio VMS2 with headphones plugged into midi when I use the recording feature on VDJ when i replay it back i can actually hear it in the live stream of me actually cueing up a song before i actually fade it in. The song is loaded on deck 2 and cue'd and as i try to beatmatch and hear it in the master feed. Any help on private cueing? Sound config is Input: None/Output: External Mixer/Sound Card: VMS2..also tried asio sound card for this option..thanks

Posted Sun 12 Aug 12 @ 4:39 pm
ZablarPRO InfinityMember since 2011
The American Audio VMS2 is not a external mixer, its a midicontroller so:

Input: None
Output: Single Output
Soundcard: VMS2

Plugin ur headphones in the VMS2. Make sure the VMS2 is controlling the software (y)

Posted Sun 12 Aug 12 @ 9:23 pm
This information is incorrect. The VMS2 has a real hardware mixer built-in, which is why you can hear your pre-listening in your recording.

Do not configure it as above, otherwise you won't be able mix properly.

To be able to record when using a real hardware mixer, please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Recording%20your%20set%20or%20broadcasting%20when%20using%20an%20external%20DJ%20mixer.html

Please also register your Pro serial number on the page http://www.virtualdj.com/users/edit.html and then download the latest version from the Download Center: http://www.virtualdj.com/download/updates.html

If you have not purchased VirtualDJ Pro then please support the software and its future development by purchasing it: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html - If your VMS2 came with VirtualDJ LE included, then it entitles you to a discount.

Posted Mon 13 Aug 12 @ 4:59 am
thanks for the help..with the VMS2 there is no REC OUT or RECORD so i would have to use the BOOTH outputs. The cable that is required to plug into that and the computer sound card is that the same Red/White RCA to Male connection cable thats used for the master output to speakers? Currently using standard gaming/computer speakers

Posted Mon 13 Aug 12 @ 6:06 pm
The cable you will normally need is a standard red/white RCA to 3.5" headphone jack to plug into the line input socket of your computer's sound card (So that you can record from it.)

Posted Mon 13 Aug 12 @ 7:43 pm
still having same issue plugged in rca cable to booth on mixer and sound card input on computer..and resulting in the same problem of not being able to cue a song without it being in the master feed..tried to follow that guide but dont fully understand the "Choose the appropriate sound card's Line Input as your recording/broadcasting source (Recording Loop Back using advanced sound config in VirtualDJ v7 Pro or Basic) or use 3rd party audio recording software such as Audacity or 3rd party broadcasting software." portion of it..also when sliding the crossfader there isnt a smooth transition it basically doesnt fade it out when you go from deck 1 to deck 2 it barely transitions and if its not all the way over to one side the song is very profound on the deck you arent trying to play live.

Posted Mon 13 Aug 12 @ 11:07 pm
DJMistaCPRO InfinityVDJ Radio TeamMember since 2009
Once you have connected the rca cable from the booth to the mic input of your computer you must go into VDJ Sound Setup and set it up in Advanced Config.

deck 1----VMS sound card-----output 1&2
deck 2----VMS sound card-----output 3&4
Record loopback------computer sound card-----input 1&2

You also need to have VDJ Pro to be able to do this.

Hope this helps out a bit.

Charlie

Posted Tue 14 Aug 12 @ 10:32 am
when i do advanced config..i created the3 lines but couldnt get it to work i get an error message saying error in the sound driver directx wdm

Posted Wed 15 Aug 12 @ 10:03 pm
You need to select the ASIO driver instead.

Greets, Heiko

Posted Thu 16 Aug 12 @ 12:17 am
with what settings under the asio driver?

Posted Thu 16 Aug 12 @ 8:47 pm
still having same issues with no progress even though ive tried everything said in this thread so far =/

Posted Wed 22 Aug 12 @ 8:45 pm
When i record a mix using virtual Dj i have the same problem you can hear cue points in final recording in our sound room since this system is not taken out I have external mixer 8-16 trk board (no USB on Mixer) , Just have a Numark I/O 2 ch. sound card for virtual dj. I know virtual dj splits the channels 1-3 output 2-4 cue-headphones. The Numark Dj I/O comes w/ Asio is there a setting to stop the cuei points from final recording

Posted Sun 30 Sep 12 @ 5:11 pm
Please see: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Recording%20your%20set%20or%20broadcasting%20when%20using%20an%20external%20DJ%20mixer.html

If you are using the DJIO in Outputs: External Mixer then you will get this problem (See above for solution.)

If you are using it in Outputs: Headphones then recording in VirtualDJ should work providing you are using the on-screen software mixer in VDJ to do your mixing (I.e: Make sure that you use the on-screen crossfader/volume sliders to fade out the channel that you are pre-listening to from your master output.

Posted Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 6:59 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)