Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Freezes at "Loading Database" Startup Screen

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Been a Pro User for several years - this is the first time I've seen this happen on my machine.

Click Virtual DJ Pro Icon - And it's been hanging. Tried rebooting - Same result (10x starting)

Tried reinstalling - No Luck.

Posted Wed 18 Jul 12 @ 8:17 pm
So it hangs at the "loading database" message?

There's a clue right there.

Perhaps your database is corrupted. Try starting VDJ without the database file (move it or rename it first) and see if that works.

If it runs OK, then either create a new database by scanning your library again, or replace the database file with your backup copy.

You do take backups of such an important file, right?

Posted Sat 21 Jul 12 @ 11:41 am
I just upgraded to 7.4.2 because VDJ was hanging on the "initializing external devices". Now the 7.4.2 version is hanging in the same place. I even tried to start the program with no devices attached and it still hangs.

I'm running
i7 2.4GHz Processor
8 GB RAM
Windows 8.1 64-bit

Posted Tue 18 Nov 14 @ 1:33 pm
I had the same symptoms on a Windows 7 machine and VDJ 7.4.6 . It turned out that there was an alert message about an external sound card that hadn't initialised correctly, which was fair enough as it wasn't plugged in and I didn't care. However, the alert was hidden behind the splash screen so it wasn't obvious - I needed to switch to it and click on OK before it finished loading. It seems a matter of luck and timing whether the alert appears in front or behind the splash screen.

Unhelpfully, the last thing the splash screen said it was doing was "Loading Databases", which was a red herring.

Posted Tue 21 Jul 15 @ 10:20 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)