Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: I s Xone: K2 mixer compatible with Virtual DJ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

dydy1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I s Xone: K2 mixer compatible with Virtual DJ or should I go with the X1?

Posted Thu 28 Jun 12 @ 12:02 pm
It's a USB MIDI device, with a USB soundcard. It'll work with any software that supports USB MIDI devices.

If you read what it says on the Allen & Heath website, it tells you the same thing:

"Xone:K2 is a universal MIDI controller and is perfect for use with any DJ software, such as Traktor Pro, Ableton, Virtual DJ, PCDJ and MixVibes"

Posted Thu 28 Jun 12 @ 4:56 pm
I tried to score a free one off Allen & Heath earlier in the year to create a mapping for them... They declined :-( but said they have been in contact with atomix about mapping it so it should be natively supported at some stage. If you need I have already made a full definition from the midi implementation chart in the manual but need the device id's to make vdj recognise it.

Posted Thu 28 Jun 12 @ 6:51 pm
synthet1c wrote :
I tried to score a free one off Allen & Heath

I scored a Xone T shirt off A&H at BPM last year and that wasn't easy. They might be a bit more willing if you were David Guetta.

Posted Fri 29 Jun 12 @ 4:43 am
Thank you guys for the infos. I wish this controller was already supported.

Posted Sun 01 Jul 12 @ 10:11 pm
It is supported.

It's a MIDI device.

VDJ supports MIDI devices.

Plug the K2 in to the computer using a USB cable. Install A&H drivers if required. Open VDJ. Go to the mapping page. Map the K2.

Posted Mon 02 Jul 12 @ 4:46 am
groovindj wrote :
It is supported.

It's a MIDI device.

VDJ supports MIDI devices.

Plug the K2 in to the computer using a USB cable. Install A&H drivers if required. Open VDJ. Go to the mapping page. Map the K2.

I meant to say natively supported. I am still thinking about getting as of yet.

Posted Mon 02 Jul 12 @ 8:08 am
What you have to bear in mind is that the K2 does not have a set format for what its controls do.

It's a blank canvas. You use it for what YOU want/need, not what someone else thinks it should do.

Do you see what I mean?

Say the K2 did have mapping included in VDJ. What are the chances that it would be mapped to exactly the functions you needed?

If it wasn't, you'd have to map it yourself, right? You can do that now!

Posted Mon 02 Jul 12 @ 9:06 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The XONE:K2 will have a mapping in the near future provided by us. And it will definitely be native in version 8.

Posted Fri 06 Jul 12 @ 2:13 pm
cstoll wrote :
The XONE:K2 will have a mapping in the near future provided by us. And it will definitely be native in version 8.

Thank you Cstoll for the infos.

Posted Fri 06 Jul 12 @ 8:12 pm
hi there,

you mentioned that you would release mappings for the k2 in virtual dj a while ago, any progress with that. im not so good with programming and creating xml files etc.. and i would love to get full use from my k2!

Posted Mon 19 Aug 13 @ 8:07 pm
Atomix already stated that the current version of VDJ 7 will be the last before 8 is released, so there won't be any K2 mapping added before VDJ 8 (which shouldn't be too long now, based on what's been said at the recent DJ Expo).

You will need the full VDJ Pro in order to use the K2 though. The basic versions don't support controllers.

Posted Wed 21 Aug 13 @ 6:35 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)