Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Important Announcement for all VDJ Pro users.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Ooops... sorry guys, just realised the time, England match is about to start, I'll let you know all about it at 10pm UK time after the game is finished...

Gonna be well worth the wait.

Posted Sun 24 Jun 12 @ 1:30 pm
well?...

Posted Sun 24 Jun 12 @ 4:13 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
...ah???

Posted Sun 24 Jun 12 @ 4:25 pm
It gives me great pleasure in telling you... Firetext is happy to announce another innovative first for Pro users of Virtual DJ

I'll release more information on how to get your copy down in the plugin section very shortly, but in the meantime enjoy the thought of getting free sms for your shows!... sms + twitter + email + virtual dj output

Posted Sun 24 Jun 12 @ 4:38 pm
oh bugger.... i thought it was gonna be something cool like pictures of renee' naked.

so let down now.

i have thought about using it where we are and i did talk to the boss about it - he squashed it flat, saying it would cause too many problems with the customers. i thought about it for a few and have to agree. even with editorial control over messages and feeds, the wrong message at the wrong time would lead to fights.

on the other hand, i know a few mobile guys who don't have our issues, who are gonna be all over this like white on rice.

Posted Sun 24 Jun 12 @ 4:58 pm
Thats so simple to overcome mate, If I'm in a situation where I think I might get dodgy texts I just screen them before allowing them to proceed to public viewing.

Oh nearly forgot, I'll pass those pics of Renee over to you by PM... lol

Posted Sun 24 Jun 12 @ 5:04 pm
i was kinda hoping for a more general software update announcement.. vdj8 like??

Posted Sun 24 Jun 12 @ 5:15 pm
I think Steph will be wanting to do that, lol.

Anyways, it's still a hell of a piece of good news from Firetext for VDJ users.

Posted Sun 24 Jun 12 @ 5:35 pm
wildcountryclub wrote :
it would cause too many problems with the customers. i thought about it for a few and have to agree. even with editorial control over messages and feeds, the wrong message at the wrong time would lead to fights.

Let me confirm that it does and will lead to fights if used in bars. Even if you weed out the childish texts and don't allow them straight through to the screen, the girls will come up and ask why their messages aren't showing.
SMS is a great tool for private parties, nothing but compliments on it, but it does not belong in bars.

Posted Sun 24 Jun 12 @ 6:49 pm
Totally disagree with you on that, I've used Firetext in bars for sometime now and not one disagreement has occurred because of any message that has been displayed on screens while I have used it.

Any SMS software used correctly and sensibly by the operator will not cause a problem for either the establishment or the user, if anyone comes up and says their text hasn't come to screen I simply point to one of the visuals that I run at all my shows (see the vid) besides I politely (lol) tell them it's at my discretion what goes to screen... no argument.

If anyone did get shirty about it and they haven't yet, I'd just pull the switch on it.

Simple and to the point of what will get to screens or not.

Anyone wanting a free copy of this without any Visual shed logo go to Firetext section here... http://visualshed.forumotion.co.uk/

Posted Sun 24 Jun 12 @ 7:55 pm
All due respect Tayla, I love the concept of SMS and thought it was great when I first began using it. However, that doesn't mean its bar friendly. I can print you out a list, pages and pages of the most ignorant and childish crap from bar patrons.
You can put up any background image you want, its no different than a speed limit sign.... you think people read or care about those?

Bottom line is, I've got enough going on with requests, mixing and keeping people dancing. Having to worry about filtering childish content on a big screen is something I don't need.

If its my opinion only that SMS doesn't belong in bars, lets hear from some people who have experience with it..... 3, maybe 4 people?

Posted Sun 24 Jun 12 @ 8:37 pm
I'll try it in my club. I can handle anything. If it does not get to the screen, how can it be a problem? I refuse request all the time, and could care less. That's like saying hip hop causes fights. I am in control of the content, and if I see that some thugs are getting a little crazy, I throw some water on them in the form of country western or some other form of calming music. Fighters don't need a reason to fight, they make up one. Besides, don't they drink to fight in English pubs? If they are not fighting in Tayla's club, he must be doing something right. Drake and Chris Brown weren't using text to screen, and look what happened to that club. Idiots cause trouble, and they are in every club. You never, ever let them dictate how you run your club.

Posted Sun 24 Jun 12 @ 10:12 pm
Rick knows where it's coming from... your the dj and you control that room while your working, I make damn sure no matter who or what size they are they know I have the final say what comes out of those speakers and screens.

I'll give you Saturday night gone as an example of typical bar work (not club and it's a recent new residency) working until 1am, it's an easy shift I can get home early. First hour is a bit quiet I typically throw on some early sixties and seventys music to get the punters in the party mood then by 9pm the crowd start arriving, I'm taking requests mixing tunes giving a bit banter to the crowd over the mic, running Firetext and lining up Karaoke singers the place is lifting, there on the dance floor and around the room singing and dancing to the music, the bar area is three deep the staff are rushed off their feet they can't serve quick enough.

All this by myself, wow it's not rocket science, in the middle of this the owner sends a member of staff over for me to put on a tune, it would have killed the atmosphere in the place stoned dead, I told the girl to tell him it would never get played in a month of Sundays while the room was going the way it was, thats a typical night for any DJ or it is for me... multi tasking > piece of pi$$

End of the night, I get paid, shake of the hand and a thank you from the owner, job done.

Posted Mon 25 Jun 12 @ 3:23 am
wildcountryclub wrote :
oh bugger.... i thought it was gonna be something cool like pictures of renee' naked.

so let down now.

i have thought about using it where we are and i did talk to the boss about it - he squashed it flat, saying it would cause too many problems with the customers. i thought about it for a few and have to agree. even with editorial control over messages and feeds, the wrong message at the wrong time would lead to fights.

on the other hand, i know a few mobile guys who don't have our issues, who are gonna be all over this like white on rice.

My new Android is curious of VDJ new free SMS deal,..and I'm kinda curious of Renee's pictures...he,he...( can I? uh? ,can I? )

Posted Mon 25 Jun 12 @ 4:31 am
mon virtual dj ne lie pas les fichier rar comment puit je faire pour les lire

Posted Mon 25 Jun 12 @ 10:32 pm
Sorry, this forum is for English language messages only.

Please either post your message again in English or post in the appropriate language forum at the bottom of http://www.virtualdj.com/forums

Posted Tue 26 Jun 12 @ 4:14 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
tayla wrote :
Rick knows where it's coming from... your the dj and you control that room while your working, I make damn sure no matter who or what size they are they know I have the final say what comes out of those speakers and screens.

Well, you may control the screen, but you may be controlling yourself up for a bad outcome..
.. especially when dealing with an inebriated aggressive ass*ole that's 6'4" 280 lbs and you neeeed to explain to him why you can't let his massage through,...... I'll just tell him Tayla made me do it... hehe, No seriously,
this tool can be beneficial to you in the right setting, but it doesn't come with a "right setting Meter Gauge", you need to do that yourself and use wisely...

Use with "Caution" label would be nice Tayla...

Posted Tue 26 Jun 12 @ 11:55 am
djBAVPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I have been using it for weddings & private parties for several years w/o any problems.

I can see your point about using it in clubs.... just takes one AH to ruin the night!

Considering it's FREE I would still use it to take requests and use your backup laptop to display just for yourself.

And besides, Don't look a gift horse in the mouth!

Posted Tue 26 Jun 12 @ 3:31 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Gonna unload a bit on this too guys if I may....(",)

I've been using Firetext for just over a year now three nights a week and never once had an issue with it. Don't get me wrong, there's ALWAYS one muppet who wants to throw up some derogatory comment...I've had it all..."so and so wants to get it on with fat burds", "so and so's got a tiny this or that", and my personal favourite, "get yer rat out you dirty cow!". Yeah, I've had them all, but at the end of the day, every gig I do they all get told that they're not allowed to swear over the text and that offensive/derogatory messages will NOT be displayed. I'm a jock and am used to dealing with abusive drunks, so I can handle any personal attacks on me, I just send them to the screen and make an even bigger ass out of the ass that sent it.

There are a number of controls in place which make operating firetext very easy. For starts, you can decide if you want to automatically send messages to the screen. This is what I do. If you decide not to do this, you can personally vet each message that comes in and manually send it to screen. If you do decide to send them automatically there is a powerful word filter in place which scans each message...anything from certain 'suggestive' words to offensive words can be added to the list and all messages are vetted by the system which does not send anything if it sees a word from the list in the text.

If any of the vetted messages do somehow make it to the screen, they can now be manually removed. This is a fairly recent addition to Firetext, but a most welcome one as it means I no longer need to reset the system should any of the said muppets be in full drunken textual rambling mode. And, if all else fails, then I simply turn firetext off altogether and tell them that they've ruined it for everyone and again, everyone knows who the muppets are and makes them feel like an idiot...booing them and such. They soon leave....;o)

In fairness, my three nights a week is a good crowd. All the regulars know me well and they know how I work. I've had times when the place is full of strangers, but I never change how I work. They're all told the deal with texting and if I do get someone in my face about it, I just say "sorry mate...pub rules" and I'll have the door staff sort them out.

In addition to this, Firetext has proven very useful to me from a marketing point of view and I will soon be taking it to the next step with text voting and stuff. I'm one of like half a dozen jocks in scotland who have the software....and I'm not gonna be shy in using it when right now it's pretty rare here. People see me doing a show and regularly tell me it's the best they've ever seen...they love the interactivity of it all.

So I'm sure there are pro's and con's to using software such as Firetext, but I also think that if you strive to be the best and frankly keep your job in these tough times - there's always someone willing to undercut you - you've got to be the best at your game. I'm not the best DJ/KJ/VJ in the world, but my shows are the best...according to my punters....that's why I keep my regular bars full week after week.

Cheers...and keep spinnin'...(",)

P

Posted Wed 27 Jun 12 @ 11:49 am
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Fri 29 Jun 12 @ 11:09 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)