Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: BeatGrid on the ScratchWave...........

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm about to start on another skin but I'm doing away with the waveform, is it possible to show the beatgrid on the scratch wave? If so can I get some insight please?

Thanks for the time and info
Huey

Posted Thu 14 Jun 12 @ 11:25 am
No, it's not possible. You can create both a scratchwave and a rythmzone side to side to "emulate" what you want. However the CBG squares won't be in sync with the wave (except of the center line of course).
If you play aroun with zoom on both windows you might get something that's close to what you want, but still it won't be perfect. Plus if you use your mouse scrollwheel over the CBG you'll loose the "correct" zoom.

Posted Thu 14 Jun 12 @ 12:08 pm
OK cool!! Well no grid for me then, lol!

Thanks for the info and time
Huey

Posted Thu 14 Jun 12 @ 12:13 pm
I have tried this to see if it could be done, and it sort of works but because the rhythmzone and scratchwave use different sizing and the rhythmzone is zoom-able it's a little clumsy... I gave up because I ran out of available pannels on my skin which meant I couldn't quickly load the skin but it should be possible with a bit of testing.

all you do is create a rhythmzone with the (wave as black "#000000" and 'height="0"') so you only get the cbg grid and place that above or below the scratch wave, then the tricky part is matching the size of the scratchwave which I think is in pixels, with the rhythmzone which is a percentage, but don't know what it's a percentage of.

It might be best to wait for the merger though as djdecks has a better more defined grid and I think you can adjust the look of the wave to look like vdj's rhythm or scratch wave.

also if your drawing I just found inkscape, it an opensource svg "scalable vector graphics" program, it's the same sort of stuff other programs use for their graphics, but the point is it doesn't blend the layers so you get incredibly sharp edges that look better than photoshop produces as it always blends between layers. And making gradients is cake although beveling is pretty bad if that's the look your after.

http://inkscape.org/

Posted Thu 14 Jun 12 @ 12:30 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)