Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How do I connect 2 CD decks to use it with Virtual DJ Pro?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

deq15rLE userMember since 2012
I have Virtual DJ Pro and I'm gonna purchase these equipment.

(1x) American Audio MX-1400 DSP 4 channel mixer.
(2x) Gemini CDJ-700

The mixer has no USB ports. Only the Gemini CDJ-700 has USB ports. How do I connect both of the CDJ-700 to use it with Virtual DJ Pro?

Do I connect both of the CDJ-700 directly onto my computer's USB ports? My computer has 3 USB ports.

Also, do I need to do any firmware update or download any Asio drivers?

Posted Mon 11 Jun 12 @ 5:27 pm
ok here is what you do one
connect the rca's from both cdj's to the mixer
connect both usb to the laptop
open up virtual dj
go to audio settings
input none
output- mixer
soundcard- 2 then select the cdj 700

on cdj select midi
and your set you can control the cdj and use your personal mixer as a dvs system with out the need of timecodes
email me at ghostfd@live.com and if you got any questions

Posted Tue 23 Oct 12 @ 5:39 pm
Can i do this while still using the digital output of the CDJ 700??

Posted Wed 01 May 13 @ 12:09 pm
Yes, I would imagine that if you connect the Gemini decks to VDJ as controllers/audio outputs then the audio from VDJ will be sent to the analogue and digital outs of the Geminis.

Check the manual though to be 100%.

What you can't do is use the digital output to play CDs on the decks at the same time as using them to control VDJ.

Posted Wed 01 May 13 @ 12:30 pm
labbedjPRO InfinityMember since 2013
I have 2 pioneer cdj 350 and a pioneer djm 250 mixer I was hoping to connect them and play. Is it possible.
I Also have also a traktor audio2 (do I need it) . How can I make this work.
thanks jl

Posted Fri 01 Nov 13 @ 10:37 pm
I suggest you read the instructions, to learn how the equipment works. You should then be able to figure it out yourself!

Posted Sat 02 Nov 13 @ 6:43 am
jgalvezHome userMember since 2011
how do you hook up the timecode set up on a gemini cdmp 6000 usb mp3 mixer on a laptop ?

Posted Wed 02 Jul 14 @ 1:41 am
Unfortunately you can't use it for timecode because it lacks the required separate deck outputs to route the timecode signal from each deck to VirtualDJ. it also does not have any MIDI capability for directly controlling DJ software.

All-in-one units like this are designed and intended for stand-alone use playing from CD and/or USB media without using a computer.

However, you could use it as a hardware analogue audio mixer for the output from VirtualDJ via its line input jacks, but you would need to control the software either using your mouse/keyboard or a separate MIDI controller.

If you wish to be able to control VirtualDJ, then your best option would be to sell it and purchase a similar MIDI capable controller, e.g: Numark MixDeck.

Posted Wed 02 Jul 14 @ 7:05 am
On the CDJ 700 I use a M-Audio Delta 1010LT Studio Sound-card in my desktop rack rig, which gives me outstanding crystal clear audio, the I just choose not to use the internal sound-card in the CDJ 700 and use the analog outs into the mixer then from the mixer into the sound-card inputs basically. If you are using a laptop then I would suggest a good external sound-card, those cheap USB sound-cards are junk, which can cause popping and crackling due to excessive latency, make sure if you go this route that the sound-card has its own adjustments for latency if possible, and if you can get it in USB 3.0 that would probably help too.

Posted Thu 07 May 15 @ 8:21 am
deq15r wrote :

(2x) Gemini CDJ-700

The mixer has no USB ports. Only the Gemini CDJ-700 has USB ports. How do I connect both of the CDJ-700 to use it with Virtual DJ Pro?

Do I connect both of the CDJ-700 directly onto my computer's USB ports? My computer has 3 USB ports.

I would Look Into This Mixer instead. i Have it & Work perfect with VDJ = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLVCeP84acM

Posted Thu 07 May 15 @ 1:12 pm
deq15r wrote :

(2x) Gemini CDJ-700

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsTNyj3oUcI

Posted Thu 07 May 15 @ 1:13 pm
You're replying to a post made in 2012...

Posted Thu 07 May 15 @ 1:26 pm
[closed]

Posted Thu 07 May 15 @ 11:50 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)