Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: can somebody make a effect for me?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

masonfLE userMember since 2011
i need a effect made for me! PM me if your up for it

Posted Sat 09 Jun 12 @ 6:06 am
Effects take a great deal of time and skill to make, asking like that won't win you any friends...

And I wan't to know the big secret, but maybe you effect already exists as there is a fairly limited toolkit for making them, time delay, repeat, pitch, lfo modulation, frequency filters & synthesizers...

It's just the combinations that make the good ones sound the way they do ;-)

Plus you needto upgrade to VDJ Pro to be able to download and use external plugins.

Posted Sat 09 Jun 12 @ 6:46 am
yeah i am saving up to upgrade but the effect i want is kinda like this

i want to be able to loop things by just turning a knob so something is looped and then it loops faster without the hassle of timeing everything.
so more like a auto looper for build ups

Posted Sat 09 Jun 12 @ 8:25 pm

Posted Sat 09 Jun 12 @ 8:35 pm
you can already do that with chackl's rollit V2.0, it's awesome you can roll up to one beat in length, but there is also a knob to control the roll playback speed and pitch, it goes extremely fast. I you listen to Swedish House Mafia - One you can hear a similar effect where they speed up the sample so fast they make a really dirty synth noise from it...

The best thing about it is you can chain other effects behind it, which no other roll plugin for vdj offers.

[VSTi] RollIt! v2.0
Author: Chackl

I have this mapped to two knobs on my controller. one is a basic roll it activates the effect when above 0% and has different quantized sizes throughout the knob, then when you reach the end of the know it reverses the 1 beat loop, it's a lot of fun.

The other one is similar to what you want, it grabs a 3/4 beat sample when above 0% then moving the knob conyrols the pitch, it makes for a nice fill.

this was my favorite effect now its a toss up between ramp delay, efx1000 delay and beatslicer... but I've still got a lotta love for this one

Posted Sat 09 Jun 12 @ 9:25 pm
thank you! if i have any more questions ill post in this thread

Posted Mon 11 Jun 12 @ 4:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)