Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Chain Video w/ Audio Effects............... - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I know we have a few audio effects that will also effect the video but is there an easier way to link audio with video effects?? My mixer has a limited amount of buttons and it looks like the only way to do this is to map my NanoKontrol. I don't use many effects but I do like how Serato has done this as well as there video faders not linked to the audio. Is there an easier way to link the two together? If not can we please get more audio effects that will also effect the video, please??

Thanks for the time and any info
Huey.

Posted Tue 05 Jun 12 @ 11:22 am
how about using a video effect like sbdj's fade for the volume sliders and a shift to turn it on and off eg..

toggle '$fade'

var '$fade' ? param_invert & video_fx_select 'video_fade' & video_fx_slider 1 : volume_slider

haven't tested it so not sure if slider 1 is correct or even if 'video_fade' is the correct name.

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/12716/SBDJ_Video_Fade.html

maybe this would be more specific, it should only make the selected side act as a video fader and the default side a normal audio fader.

var '$fade' ? device_side 'left' ? deck left select ? param_invert & video_fx_select 'video_fade' & video_fx_slider 1 : volume_slider : volume_slider : param_invert & video_fx_select 'video_fade' & video_fx_slider 1 : volume_slider : volume_slider

Posted Tue 05 Jun 12 @ 11:41 am
I got two free faders so yeah I'll map those with that plugin but I'm really, REALLY dreading mapping out video effects to go with audio effects plus the parameters......... ugh. Lol!

Thanks for the input bro!!
Huey

And I really wish the video effects only affected the decks and not the master output........

Posted Tue 05 Jun 12 @ 12:08 pm
scott has said he was discussing linked audio and video effects in the wishes forum so I can't see why they wouldn't be included in VDJ8, time will tell though I guess, and assume the target release date might be BPM so hopefully not too far away until we find out :-D

I think the other main issue is having only one video fx slot at a time, if the limit was dropped it would be so much easier to use multiple fx at the same time. although with the timeline feature it looks like you could edit your videos for effects ahead of time to free yourself from doing it live without needing a second pair of hands... It would also be kinda cool to be able to layer transitions...

Posted Tue 05 Jun 12 @ 12:38 pm
Other then the few things I've mentioned here, I'm happy with the latest release! It's been nothing but good. But like you said hopefully 8 drops soon, fingers crossed, lol!

Posted Tue 05 Jun 12 @ 1:02 pm
Well I tried the video fade plugin and it does effect the master output so both videos fade out. I thought it might do that cause the way VDJ works as of right now. I really hope it's changed in the next version. Well I'm off to bed now, gotta work in the am and after work I'll get started mapping this NanoKontrol. I gotta go through and minimize my list of effects then go through and pick out which ones I want layered with video effects. It's gonna take me a minute but I think it'll be worth it in the end, :-)

Thanks for the info and I'm sure I'll be calling on your expertise in the near future, lol
Huey

Posted Wed 06 Jun 12 @ 1:37 am
actually huey this might work aswell, I can't remember if it does the master video output or the individual video decks... to map it without affecting the audio use "fake_eq_low & fake_eq_mid & fake_eq_high". It might be annoying having your eq's be in the wrong position on screen though...

cstoll's alpha fx eq

Posted Wed 06 Jun 12 @ 4:21 am
I forgot all that!! Thanks bro, I'm gonna give this a try tonight.

Posted Wed 06 Jun 12 @ 8:27 am
Naw that wont work either, it still effects the master output. I really hope this is changed in the next version.................

Thanks for the help bro!!
Huey

Posted Wed 06 Jun 12 @ 5:47 pm
Well I was thinking about the "fake" commands, so I tried "deck 1 fake_level". I can see the volume slider turning down but the video doesn't fade to black like it should............if that would work we would have instant video faders!! Not sure if it's a bug or something I'm doing, just really, really wish it worked.

Any other ideas
Huey

Posted Wed 06 Jun 12 @ 7:10 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Fake commands only really affect the skin.

All video plugins work on the master output, they have no way to access individual decks, only transitions can do that.

Posted Wed 06 Jun 12 @ 8:13 pm
Yeah that's what I thought but it never hurts to try, lol!

Thanks for the time
Huey

Posted Wed 06 Jun 12 @ 8:44 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

I've requested this in the new features section - I think such links should be possible from the skin, right click audio effect and select link to video effect etc. The main thing is when the audio effect causes you to lose the vocals of a track yet the video on the screens is still going as normal (you get lip flap), for example you run a high pass filter, the video ideally would be distorted so once vocals are cut no clear shot of the video remain.

Having said this, if it were my call I'd leave a lot of the fancy stuff for 8.1 and just release version 8 on the strength of the new audio engine along with the many other new features mentioned that are on the way. Improved sound is a priority for me.

Posted Thu 07 Jun 12 @ 7:48 am
I run an external mixer and I buy all my tracks so sound isn't a problem for me. As far waiting for 8 to drop, I ain't got time for that plus I can probably have everything mapped out in a day or two. Im probably gonna upload my mapper with chained audio and video effects for the NanoKontrol when I finish it. Hopefully it helps out others who want this feature. Hopefully in 8 we video faders not attached to the volume.

Posted Thu 07 Jun 12 @ 11:43 am

I run an external mixer and also buy my tracks thank you very much, the fact remains that sound needs to improve hence the new audio engine, it's even been admitted: "a noticeable improvement in the highs" and of course there's master tempo, FX etc

Posted Thu 07 Jun 12 @ 8:29 pm
OK and..........this all pertains to chaining audio with video effects how again??

Posted Thu 07 Jun 12 @ 8:53 pm

It's a one sentence reply in response to the top line of your prior post which swept aside the importance of a new sound engine due to the fact that you buy your tracks and use an external mixer, a very unique set of circumstances lol.

Posted Fri 08 Jun 12 @ 9:37 am
Meanwhile back at the ranch..................

Posted Fri 08 Jun 12 @ 9:48 am
M4ark0Home userMember since 2013
Your current licenses do not allow you to download Effects ?????????? whayyy

Posted Sat 16 Mar 13 @ 10:52 am
djtntPRO InfinityMember since 2003
M4ark0 wrote :
Your current licenses do not allow you to download Effects ?????????? whayyy

you purchased the software?

Posted Sat 16 Mar 13 @ 11:17 am
91%