Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Plugin request: Text announcements

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
This is a request going out to any video plugin developer or any Atomix staff reading.

The idea is simply to have a nice text to screen plugin that is more striking and graphics based, with some simple animations and transition options.

Such a plugin would be good for creating birthday announcements and promo animations fairly instantly.

* Text generator with the ability to display large graphic text on the screens
* Text effect such as glow, dropshadow, outline etc.
* Basic animations for the text such as floating, shaking
* Transition in/out effects (from the current playing video)
* The ability to import a background image or video (suiting the theme of the message).
* Once an announcement has been created, it could be assigned to a bank (similar to clipbank) for instant recall.

I could go into more detail but I thought I'd put it out there first, see if anyone's willing to take this on,

Thanks,

Bren

Posted Mon 04 Jun 12 @ 3:11 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
This is already available to do and a hell of a lot more besides in Firetext through our partner software TextMachine 3D, go take a look at it and let me know if it's what your after, there is trial version you can try out but it has got those pop ups on display every so often.

http://www.textmachine3d.com/PHP/index.php

Unfortunately it's not free but what you get in the software it is at a great price. I'll let you know how you may be able to win one for free quite soon.

Posted Mon 04 Jun 12 @ 4:22 pm

Thank you for this! Will take a look and let you know how I get on.

Posted Mon 04 Jun 12 @ 4:45 pm
Glad I could help.

Posted Mon 04 Jun 12 @ 5:59 pm
Ooops forgot to mention, it will play all your selected videos as a list/folder or randomly from that selection.

Posted Tue 05 Jun 12 @ 7:13 am
tayla: "Unfortunately it's not free but what you get in the software it is at a great price. I'll let you know how you may be able to win one for free quite soon."
how ??? :D

Posted Tue 12 Jun 12 @ 10:04 pm

I installed it etc but I'm at a loss as to how it works with VDJ, it seems a bit complex maybe I'm just missing something.

Posted Wed 13 Jun 12 @ 7:57 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I believe you have to use it through FireText rather than directly in VDJ?

I've not used it with VDJ myself though so couldn't really say for sure.

Posted Wed 13 Jun 12 @ 8:56 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)