Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Unable to use headphones to pre-listen / cue-up tracks w/ Denon DN-MC6000 [solved]

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djhathPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I'm using a Denon MC6000 with Virtual DJ 7.05b in a standard 2-deck configuration. I've never been able to figure out how to get my headphones to pre-listen / cue-up a track that is not currently being played.

To eliminate one of the easier variables, I have made sure that the Monitor/Phones knob is turned all the way to the left to 'Cue'

My long-existing config was like this:

Inputs: None
Outputs: External Mixer (Deck 1 : Chan 1&2 / Deck 2 : Chan 3&4)
Sound Card: ASIO DRIVER (Denon DJ ASIO Driver)

I can only hear what is playing live. I also make sure that I've hit the 'Cue' button' on the other deck when attempting to cue-up in the deck not currently playing.

Reading through page 6 of the Audio Setup manual - http://www.virtualdj.com/images/pdf/VirtualDJ%207%20-%20Audio%20Setup%20Guide.pdf - it appears that you can set the Outputs to 'Headphones' and select the 'ASIO driver' as the Sound Card.

I set the Outputs to 'Headphones' and the Sound Card to the ASIO driver and it errors out on me saying 'Error in the ASIO driver: your soundcard is probably not connected, or the settings are incorrect."

I am using the latest ASIO drivers - 2.2.1 - and the MC6000 has the latest firmware (just updated it the other day).

Any help is getting this corrected would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

EDIT:

Finally got it:

Inputs: Line Ins
Outputs: Headphones (Master : Chan 1&2 / Headphones : Chan 3&4)
Sound Card: ASIO DRIVER (Denon DJ ASIO Driver)

Crossfader switches in the front - Ch 1 - A, Ch 2 - A, Ch 3 - B, Ch 4 - B.

Now I can play through both decks and cue-up the track in the deck not currently being played.

For the record, the errors I was receiving were a result of the the ASIO driver not detecting my MC6000 device for some reason. I simply unplugged and replugged the cable and all was good afterward.

Posted Wed 30 May 12 @ 9:04 pm
Outputs: External Mixer is for when using a real hardware mixer (In the case of Denon MC6000, the switch on the back set to INT MIX)

If you wish to use the MC6000 as a hardware mixer with VirtualDJ, instead of using the built-in on-screen software mixer, please see:

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/DN-MC6000.html

Posted Fri 01 Jun 12 @ 6:49 am
I am having the problem with pre listen with my setup...

Dual timecodes through Hercules RMX using the Denon MC6000 4 deck mode (3 - 1 - 2 - 4).
MC6000 Channels 2 & 3 are set for line ins from the HercRMX outs...
MC6000 Channels 1 & 4 are both set for MIDI

works fine but I cannot prelisten to any songs when I press the CUE button EXCEPT the channel that is playing through the speakers. What am I missing?

PS: the MC6000 is in PC MIX and all four channels play through the speaker and I can control all four decks from the MC6000 (song selection, loops, etc...)

Do I have to map the CUE buttons somehow differently than at present to prelisten? If so, how?

Posted Thu 21 Jun 12 @ 3:34 pm
I am having trouble setting up VDJ Pro with the Denon DN-MC6000. I did this once before, but due to a problem with the software, had to reinstall.

My problems comes getting the headphones set for cue-ing. I can get the crossfader working with the two decks, but no joy getting the headphones functioning.

I have been using advanced config, setting deck 1 to channel 1 and 2, deck 2 to channel 3 and 4, and headphones to 7 and 8. I have the internal mixer selected on the rear.

It is driving me mad...I had it working once before and remember there was a little trick to it - like selecting no-input. SOOOOOO FRUSTRATING, why don't things work out the box when you spend hundreds on them!

Mickey

Posted Sun 05 Aug 12 @ 8:02 am
Please see:

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/DN-MC6000.html

NOTE: If using it in Int Mix (Hardware mixer) mode, you should not have any channels in VirtualDJ assigned to 'headphones'. This is handled by the real hardware mixer in the MC6000 itself.

Posted Sun 05 Aug 12 @ 3:34 pm
mickeykav wrote :
I am having trouble setting up VDJ Pro with the Denon DN-MC6000. I did this once before, but due to a problem with the software, had to reinstall.

My problems comes getting the headphones set for cue-ing. I can get the crossfader working with the two decks, but no joy getting the headphones functioning.

I have been using advanced config, setting deck 1 to channel 1 and 2, deck 2 to channel 3 and 4, and headphones to 7 and 8. I have the internal mixer selected on the rear.

It is driving me mad...I had it working once before and remember there was a little trick to it - like selecting no-input. SOOOOOO FRUSTRATING, why don't things work out the box when you spend hundreds on them!

Mickey

go to config-chose advance config-click on advance config where you will see a +. you can use this also to set up a bunch of stuff including your headphones, record ie

Posted Tue 04 Dec 12 @ 10:35 pm
giv2zimPRO InfinityMember since 2010
yes!! INT mix is the secret, yo. from there, line in, headphones, mc6000. bam. thanks yous guys

Posted Wed 15 Oct 14 @ 1:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)