Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: New BCD3000 Mapper available (now supports 4 virtual decks) - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Posted Sun 27 May 12 @ 9:02 pm
fremdjPRO InfinityMember since 2004
hi....thank's for the mapper is very useful, but a little hard to get used to at the beginning but u just need some training....I only want to change one option but is very hard for me...I tried everything but think i messed it up already.....can u please give me some advise how to map the cue buttons in normal mode for cue_stop option in deck one and two

thank's in advance

Posted Mon 28 May 12 @ 11:19 pm
I admit it takes some getting used to, but it's extremely powerful once you do. I appreciate the feedback and welcome any suggestions people have.

If you want to set the first cue, you simple need to hold SHIFT-A and hit cue. In normal mode, cue returns to cue 1 whether the track is playing (continues) or not (remains paused).

If you want to override the default cue behavior, replace "goto_cue" with "cue_stop" on the lines containing values "CUEA" and "CUEB" (make sure to leave the "1" after each. Personally, I hate it when my first cues get accidentally moved, so I prefer to use SHIFT-A to set and forget them since they are saved in the database. However, I realize this isn't typical behavior, and I understand that. If you do change this, you can delete the SHIFT-A behavior altogether by removing "var shifta ? deck left set_cue 1 : " and "var shiftb ? deck right set_cue 1 : " respectively.

I'll consider changing this if enough people speak up about it. It would make it easier to set cues while in SHIFT-B mode.

Posted Tue 29 May 12 @ 9:23 am
Thank's for your answer .... I did what you suggested, changing the option "go to cue". For "cue stop" but still does not work, I don't know what am I doing wrong.
Regards

Posted Wed 30 May 12 @ 4:11 pm
Did you use underscore?

cue_stop

Posted Wed 30 May 12 @ 4:28 pm
yes I did, but I've noticed that the mapper works perfect just with 4 decks skins...and i am using two deck skin, that's why i messed it up everything.. think i have to get use to 4 deck skin which is a little hard but i will try....I really thank your help, hope you have some time to create a mapper just for two decks skin....
regards

Posted Wed 30 May 12 @ 4:47 pm
You just have to use the skin. You aren't forced to use 4 decks. That's up to you.

Posted Wed 30 May 12 @ 4:59 pm
I start using the 4 deck skin and i loaded a song just in deck one and two, but when I hit the cue bottom on left It stops both tracks....has something to do because I'm using a mac?

Posted Wed 30 May 12 @ 5:04 pm
I wrote it on a Mac. Is this before or after you changed the setting?

Posted Wed 30 May 12 @ 5:05 pm
I'm using the one you uploaded unchanged

Posted Wed 30 May 12 @ 5:17 pm
I think i've got it
I erased everything and even reinstall VDJ all over again. Now everything works just fine, i love the way you assign the effects buttons and the loops buttons it's amazing, thank's so much now It's just matter of practice
regards

Posted Wed 30 May 12 @ 10:06 pm
That is great to hear! Thanks for the feedback. I like to think I can turn water into wine when it comes to the BCD3000, LOL (the controller is a running joke at Atomic). Granted, the default setup was pretty lame, but I'm very happy with the BCD using this mapping.

Posted Wed 30 May 12 @ 11:10 pm
alienimplant wrote :
I like to think I can turn water into wine when it comes to the BCD3000.

yes you did man...now BCD300 it's worth it, I really love the mapper...I've spend a few hours getting used to it, and at the end it wasn't that hard. I'm not even using the computer keyboard or the mouse anymore, you can do almost everything in the BDC, of course with the mapper
Thank"s again
cheers

Posted Wed 30 May 12 @ 11:21 pm
Thank you, honestly. I spent so much time on this, it's nice to get such descriptive feedback. You basically acknowledged all the goals I had in making it. I wanted it to be as simple as possible while offering as much control as I could squeeze into it. Cheers!

Posted Wed 30 May 12 @ 11:37 pm
atldj00PRO InfinityMember since 2010
Ok, so when i first bought this controller I HATED IT, so i waited a while and got me the Hercules rmx which I love. (Running Virtual 7) Now while checking out the virtual dj website I came across your mapping for the BCD3000. WOW... What a difference. you've got mad skills! Truly, nicely done, congrats to alien implant! I love everything you've done with it. I would love to see what you'd do with the Hercules Rmx. Anyway God Bless and thanks for turning me back on the BCD3000.

DJ Carlitosway!

BTW the Diagram is on point.

Posted Wed 18 Jul 12 @ 7:23 pm
DJ Carlitosway! (atldj00),

First off, from the bottom of my heart, thank you so much for taking the time to write this review.

Let me tell you a brief but freaky story. I have literally just awoke from a nap after work (IT networking) and walked into the studio. My first thought when I sat down in my chair was, "I wonder how the downloads on my BCD3000 mapper are doing." I decided I'd log in and check up on it, but opened my email client as I always do first anyway. Keep in mind that I haven't logged in for at least a month to view the stats or thought at any length about this for weeks. Imagine my shock when the first email I see is a notification for this forum thread! At first I thought it was just me flexing my telepathic muscles like Shwartzinegger in front of a mirror, but after reading this I can plainly see that it was the positivity behind your comment that was the driver for this phenomenon and not my ego. Strange, right? True story.

That said, your compliment blew my mind. Thank you, bro! I worked my ass off to make this what it is. I'm really glad there are people who appreciate the effort and thought I put into it. Since I'm not spinning on a regular basis (preoccupied with making music and mastering CDs) I'm glad there are DJs getting the most out of these files.

With all the trashing the BCD3000 gets on these forums, just putting it in the company of the Hercules RMX because of my mapper has literally made my day. Cheers! If Hercules wants to send me an RMX2 pro bono, I'll consider it. Needs more buttons though. ;D

Posted Wed 18 Jul 12 @ 10:18 pm
Just made a quick update to the PDF. The color coding for the FX knobs was incorrect for the SHIFT modifier. It should have been colored green for SHIFTA (EXT IN A) instead of red. Only SHIFTA grants access to the FX controls.

The knobs remain as filter controllers when in SHIFTB mode which is the file browser mode.

Posted Wed 18 Jul 12 @ 11:24 pm
atldj00PRO InfinityMember since 2010
Your Truly Welcome!
Keeping doing what you do and God Bless...

carlitosway

Posted Thu 19 Jul 12 @ 9:35 am
Woops, I mean Schwarzenegger. ;P

Posted Sun 05 Aug 12 @ 11:38 pm
hi im new in this DJ thing and i bought bcd3000. i cant download by the link u given above. can you give me another link or u can email me at <REMOVED>@gmail.com ?

[Sorry, contact details are not allowed from unlicensed users.]

Posted Mon 12 Nov 12 @ 8:11 am
87%