Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: help! with creating effects section in my new skin?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

is this a good place to ask for help from skin creators?

I need help with the effects section, i wanted to create a skin rhat has multiple effects buttons for the pioneer DDJ T1

here's the T1's effects section:

here's the effect section I've mocked up and was going to code into my skin! (not exactly as is like i say its a mockup, but it's more a representation of the controller layout)

basicly i wanted to ge able to assign differant effects to each of the controllers buttons and then control the effects parameters from the dials on the controllers surface! the problem is after many hours of experimenting i've come to the realisation that it doesn't seem to be possible to have several effects sections at one time! at least not for the same deck anyway!

can anybody help with any of this maybe there is a way and i've overlooked it! or maybe someone has a better idea how to better implement these controls on the consol!

Posted Fri 25 May 12 @ 7:57 am
you just need to use the effect slots, it is as easy as making a knob/button/slider and in the action="" part you use

action="deck 1 effect 1 slider 1"
action="deck 1 effect 2 slider 1"
action="deck 1 effect 3 slider 1"

it's the same for buttons to activate the effects

action="deck 1 effect 1 active"
action="deck 1 effect 2 active"
action="deck 1 effect 3 active"

but you also need a way to load an effect to the effect slot with

action="deck 1 effect 1 select_multi"
etc...

If you want to use the buttons labeled 1, 2, 3, to load a bank of effects that is done with

action="deck 1 effect 1 select 'effect_name' & deck 1 effect 2 select 'effect_name' & deck 1 effect 3 select 'effect_name'"

one thing you should consider is that there is not a dry/wet on every effect so you should repurpose that knob aswell.

Posted Fri 25 May 12 @ 8:28 am
amazing i totally overlooked this! thank you so so much for this!

i'm just uncertain how to best use these nobs and buttons! i need to have a play around with the controller when its connected to traktor as it's designed for and see how it's all implemented there that might give me some inspiration for making them useful

thanks again!

Posted Fri 25 May 12 @ 8:57 am
a little more help needed! :(

the code given above is working out for the most part everything is functioning as expected appart from the text field is displaying the same value for all the effects banks!

i've tried changing the format field to "%maineffect1" & "%maineffect2" etc, but it doesn't like that :( sorry if im asking stupid questions here!

Posted Sat 26 May 12 @ 9:06 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Use %effectslot1 %effectslot2 etc

Posted Sat 26 May 12 @ 9:21 am
:) was about to post saying ignore that post! i found it in the SDK page! :) but thanks for your super fast super helpful reply!

whilst i have some attention any body got any suggestions how to use the first dial labeled wet/dry! was thinking using the vertical 1/2/3 buttons as clip banks that assign to the first dial! meaning you would end up with a total of 6 effects slots! thought? or anybody got any better suggestions! I was originally designing this skin for my own use but im pretty pleased with it so going to upload it to the site when its done!

Posted Sat 26 May 12 @ 9:35 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)