Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Stanton SCS.4DJ Midi Controller Mode With Virtual DJ Pro and Sound Card * Traktor Audio 6 *

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all,

I really need help and advice from you guys in here. I shall state two examples i face in stanton scs.4dj midi controller mode. Problems come from the headphone (No sound) plugged to Traktor Audio 6 when activate the headphone small icon on my stanton scs.4dj under midi controller mode sync with virtual dj pro.

Example 1,

When using stanton scs.4dj as midi controller to Virtual DJ Pro together with traktor audio 6, the headphone plugged in Traktor Audio 6 like not working as what i want. For example, in stanton scs.4dj midi controller mode the moment i press / activate the "small icon headphone" together with volume down to zero (which has two icon altogether, 1 left deck and 1 right deck), the sounds cannot be hear from my headphone connected to Traktor Audio 6. And when i adjust my volume up bit by bit then the sound on my amplifier sound system and headphone also volume up bit by bit as accordingly.

2nd example,

When deck 1 on the left is playing with volume full blast and small headphone icon is not light up, i focus on deck 2 on the right, i scroll all the way down to zero on my volume and press / activate the small headphone icon for preparation of next songs. This time there is also no sound on my headphone despite of the small headphone icon light up. When i scroll up bit by bit, both sounds from Headphone and Amplifier also got sound. This should not be the way and it is different from standalone stanton scs.4dj right? By right when i activate or press the small headphone icon (Red light bright up) with volume down to zero on my stanton scs.4dj midi controller it should stop the sound entering into my amplifier sound system and goes to my headphone which plugged into Traktor Audio 6 right? The facts is it doesn't and both sounds still come out from my amplifier sound system and headphone when i up the volume. When i down the volume both amplifier sound system and my headphone also down. Why is it like this? I am quite lost suddenly and confuse.

Need you guys help so much in helping me to solve this issue. You guys are expert in this field. Plese advice me in details perhaps is it mapping problem on stanton scs.4dj, virtual dj pro sound setup problem or traktor audio 6 setting need to do?

Posted Fri 18 May 12 @ 4:10 pm
Add on for 2nd example on my stanton scs.4dj midi controller (Re-phrase / Revised Situation)

When deck 1 on the left is playing with volume full blast and small headphone icon is not light up, i focus on deck 2 on the right, i scroll all the way down to zero on my volume and press / activate the small headphone icon for preparation of next songs. This time there is sound from deck 1 instead deck 2 on my headphone whereby the small headphone icon is not light up in deck 1 and deck 2 lights up. By right i should hear deck 2 sound on my headphone when activate the small headphone icon (light bright up) and volume down to zero instead it happen another way round. Sound from deck 1 instead of deck 2. When i scroll up bit by bit, both sounds from Headphone and Amplifier also got sound. This should not be the way and it is different from standalone stanton scs.4dj right? By right when i activate or press the small headphone icon (Red light bright up) with volume down to zero on my stanton scs.4dj midi controller it should stop the sound entering into my amplifier sound system and goes to my headphone which plugged into Traktor Audio 6 right? The facts is it doesn't and both sounds still come out from my amplifier sound system and headphone when i up the volume. When i down the volume both amplifier sound system and my headphone also down. Why is it like this and anyone encounter this before?

Maybe i am uncertain those setting or mappings but i have done all correct accordingly those advicer in this forum except this headphone only from Traktor Audio 6 sync with Virtual Dj and my stanton scs.4dj midi controller. The is the last step of perfection i think. Please help me.

Posted Fri 18 May 12 @ 4:22 pm
NeeKooHome userMember since 2013
I am having same issue, no sound through headphones, and can't control master volume from stanto SCS4DJ as well....
Using Juli@ sound card on my PC need help

Posted Fri 30 Aug 13 @ 6:29 am
Please don't post the same message several times.

The SCS4.DJ cannot be used as an external audio interface - only as a controller.

Posted Fri 30 Aug 13 @ 6:36 am
I use the SCS 4DJ with vdj8. Internal sound card from the laptop as my cue output and a USB sound card for my main out running to an older analog pre-amp mixer. Since the SCS will not control audio, I remaped the the cue/main balance knob to act as the volume control for the cue volume instead of balance that is not used in midi mode anyway. I now have control over the headphones volume. The main volume is still adjusted from the vdj screen. I have found that this works well. I set the main out on vdj high and make any changes to the house volume using the pre-amp mixer. Also gives you a lot more over head volume and a stronger signal to send to the house sound system.

Posted Tue 25 Aug 15 @ 7:39 am
Old thread man, you're a bit late to the game. That's a pretty elaborate setup for a home user.

Posted Tue 25 Aug 15 @ 1:50 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)