Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Skin won't show in vdj

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,
I have a MBP 15' and I have just downloaded a couple of skins that i want to try. I have moved them into the skins file but when i try to open them in VDJ they won't show up.
Am I missing something here?
Cheers

Posted Fri 11 May 12 @ 3:18 am
Are these skins compatible with your screen resolution ?

Posted Fri 11 May 12 @ 4:03 am
Yep the screen resolution is 1440x900. But it won't even show up on the selection menu

Posted Fri 11 May 12 @ 4:21 am
You shouldnt need to "move" anything.

Double click the downloaded file and the skin will self install. Restart VDJ and your good to go.

Posted Fri 11 May 12 @ 4:40 am
Oh, I thought it had to be moved to the skin file? I have done that and installed it and it is still not working for me..

Posted Fri 11 May 12 @ 5:19 am
After installation, did you select the skin? (Config, tab Skins)

Posted Fri 11 May 12 @ 5:59 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Fri 11 May 12 @ 11:50 am
I have done exactly that, I have copied the zip file over, I have extracted and installed it. But when i go into the skins selection menu in configuration it doesn't show up. Is there something I am missing?

Posted Sat 12 May 12 @ 6:07 am
You can try to leave the file unziped

Posted Sat 12 May 12 @ 1:05 pm
I tried that, and it is still not showing up -.- I have a distinct feeling I am missing something easy here

Posted Sun 13 May 12 @ 12:27 am
Download and run the Registry Tool http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/2170/Registry_Tool.html

Make sure the Home Folder in the Registry Tool is the correct one should be Yourusername\Library\Virtualdj . If it says different one, edit it.
If you re not sure on how to edit it, choose CLEAN ALL, close the Tool and re install VirtualDJ again.

After that, open VirtualDJ. The skins should be there.

PS. I hope you run the latest Pro Full version and not 7.02 or earlier as the default Home Folder is different.

In case you still have issues after the above, goto Application-->Utilities-->Disc Utilities and do Repair Permissions to your HD. After that clean the registries with the Tool, and re install Virtualdj

Posted Sun 13 May 12 @ 12:41 am
That seemed to do it! Cheers!

Posted Sun 13 May 12 @ 1:48 am
hello i had recently downloaded a few skins for VDJ loved em worked fine untill i downloaded a serato skin for vdj and when i click on VDJ it wont open and says to re install application..idid that it did it again..so i deleted the skin and VDJ still wont work so i deleted all m skins except the originals and the same error message still comes up do any of you know how to apply a skin to VDJ with out being in virtual dj? cause normaly id be under CONFIG but theres no way to apply a skin while your not in VDJ is there?

Posted Tue 15 May 12 @ 10:28 pm

Posted Wed 16 May 12 @ 5:38 am
thanks alot!

Posted Wed 16 May 12 @ 1:24 pm
virtual dj software has to different folder one for core software where it is installed & one for all those skin's plugin's mapper's & other stuff's

C:\Users\Acer\Documents\VirtualDJ--------------------------> skin's plugin's mapper's & other stuff's

C:\Program Files (x86)\VirtualDJ7----------------------------->core software

if you downloaded rar file just copy that file to skin folder
if you downloaded skinname.exe file just execute the file it will in to respected folder automatically

always create keybroad shortcut for settings it help in case if you dont find config button in the skin

Posted Tue 22 May 12 @ 2:45 am
I had the virtual dj not found and skin not showing up in VDJ problem but i just fixed it. Im on Virtual DJ Home

what you should do first is, copy the Username/Library/Virtual DJ folder to Username/Documents

then move to this step

So you downloaded the skin.

then you unzip the zip file. and you get a file named install "blank" in a gift box

copy the file to the virtual dj folder in Username/Documents

install the gift box it should say, install succesful

then take the new file ".zip" and copy that to Username/Library/VirtualDJ/Skins folder

then open VDJ and go to config then skins and select the one you wanted.

Posted Thu 20 Dec 12 @ 10:50 pm
i have the same problem on a mac, but cant download the registry tool.

I get the message - Your current licenses do not allow you to download Tools

I have the le edition and the home edition. how do i fix this?

Posted Sun 05 May 13 @ 8:05 am
If you're using an LE or Home version , you can't use skins anyway (unless you're trialing the full Pro via LE).

Posted Fri 10 May 13 @ 8:38 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)