Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: is there anyway to make a linear visual scroll out from the middle

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

having difficulty making this work the way I want... It's for "get beatdiff" and I just want the visual to be in the middle when the decks are in phase with one another...

I wave tried clipmask's, factoring then using two images to make up one, direction & type... I am trying to avoid using multiple frames like knobs as my computer now takes about 30 seconds to process images in photoshop... is there another way to do it?

Posted Fri 04 May 12 @ 9:51 am
I have done that with a custom visual zone.

Posted Fri 04 May 12 @ 10:06 am
weird... when I tried type="custom" i got an error... is there anything else you need to define for it to work? although maybe i'll try it again as I might have mis-spelled it... also it was "vertical" would that matter?

... just tried it, same thing "error on the line"

what skin did you use it for, I can only seem to find ghost osd on my computer? so i'll have to download it again

...found it, CDS4 was the winner, and can I say "jesus christ you put a lot of love into that thing!"

Posted Fri 04 May 12 @ 10:46 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
synthet1c wrote :
.. computer now takes about 30 seconds to process images in photoshop...

I wonder why skiners use Photoshop. Photoshop is good to process/edit photos, use those great effects, creating smart masks, make me look 10kgs lighter :P etc, but when it comes to creating graphics from scratch, as a skin requires, nothing is better and faster than Corel Draw.

Posted Fri 04 May 12 @ 11:17 am
Download Ghost O.S.D. Edition and take a look at 1920x1080 version or take a look at CDS4.
Both skins have a "PHASER" which is what you want...

<visual type="custom" source="deck 1 masterdeck ? deck 2 rightdeck ? deck 2 get beatdiff : deck 4 get beatdiff : deck 2 masterdeck ? deck 1 leftdeck ? deck 1 get beatdiff : deck 3 get beatdiff : deck 3 masterdeck ? deck 2 rightdeck ? deck 2 get beatdiff : deck 4 get beatdiff : deck 4 masterdeck ? deck 1 leftdeck ? deck 1 get beatdiff : deck 3 get beatdiff">
<size width="92" height="20"/>
<pos x="674" y="2"/>
<down x="1300" y="3500" nb="13" nbx="1" smooth="false"/>
</visual>

Posted Fri 04 May 12 @ 11:27 am
djdad wrote :

I wonder why skiners use Photoshop. Photoshop is good to process/edit photos, use those great effects, creating smart masks, make me look 10kgs lighter :P etc, but when it comes to creating graphics from scratch, as a skin requires, nothing is better and faster than Corel Draw.

Photoshop CS5 has great tools that can help you to create amazing graphics very fast, plus add effects e.t.c. It even gives you an approach to something between raster and vector graphics when using smart shapes ;)

Either way, each one to each own! ;) :)

Posted Fri 04 May 12 @ 11:30 am
corel draw you say... have to buy it when I get a job and have some spare cash, skinning is great fun! I can't believe how much easier it is than I initially thought...

I also figured out that you can minimise your main project in photoshot and work in a seperate window with full performance. So I made the frames and about to test... And you shouldn't be ashamed of your weight Bob, we still love ya, no matter how fat you get! :-P

well I did it but wouldn't you know it... I did it too small thinking it would be less of a crutch.... hopefully 200% size doesn't screw up the pixels cause there's 45 frames...

Posted Fri 04 May 12 @ 12:17 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)