Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: question regarding drawing knob rotation

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have almost finished drawing the elements for my 2 deck skin but I just checked a few existing skins and they all had the edges of the different images touching... unfortunately I didn't factor this in during designing. what I have done is make center to center 40 pixels, giving each image a radius of 20 pixels. I have tried to put them all together as I have seen but they dont equal an exact pixel in radius, meaning they might wobble or take up too much space to allow other controls.

Is it possible to use a clip mask to cut out the area in between but still say the radius is 20 pixels :) or will I have to redraw the knobs :(

Posted Sun 29 Apr 12 @ 1:59 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
All you need is the proper clipmask ...

<slider action="deck 1 effect slider 1" orientation="round" >
<pos x="32" y="272"/>
<size width="40" height="40"/>
<clipmask x="A" y="B"/>
<fader>
<pos x="C" y="D" nb="27" smooth="true"/>
</fader>
</slider>

If your knobs are in more than 1 line, modify the <fader> line as ..
<pos x="C" y="D" nbx="E" nb="27" smooth="true"/>

where E is the number of knobs in the first line (and each line must have the same number of knobs, except the last one).

Posted Sun 29 Apr 12 @ 4:20 pm
thankyou for that amazing explination, that is exactly what I was after and then some :-D

Posted Sun 29 Apr 12 @ 4:29 pm
Thanks ;o)
You gonna put this in the new topic also, right?

Posted Mon 30 Apr 12 @ 3:54 am
hey Bob,

for some reason the default "static knob" picture is showing over the top of the animated ones and only letting the outer ring through... would you have any idea why this could occur? I can provide pictures if you like.

Posted Mon 30 Apr 12 @ 11:50 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)