Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Why are there no other skins available for home users?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I don't want this to sound angry, as there is no anger in my question. I am a new user of Virtual DJ, and am using it to teach myself how to mix, and so far, I have enjoyed my experience immensely. The program itself is great, and very easy to get into. However, I am confused as to why there are no other options available for home users in skins. I realise that there are advanced features that would be programmed into some skins, with controller features, etc., but the fact that there is only one basic colour scheme available with no ability to move the components of the program around seems like a missed opportunity. Of course the idea is to get people who love the software to buy it, but I feel restricting simple things like this drives people to pirating software and patching skins themselves.

Once again, I'd just point out that I'm not ranting, just looking for Virtual DJ's opinion.

P.S. - Just a thought, maybe have a trial of a small number of skins with the advanced features, such as frequency sliders, etc., but have them only available for limited uses/time. Thoughts?

Posted Sun 29 Apr 12 @ 4:11 am
You have absolutley every single function of vdj pro in vdj home, this is because functions depend on vdjscript and not skins or special controllers. The reason skins and plugins are locked out is so you have the base program to test your equipment with or try djing out if your new... You can even sort out a headphone cue with a 5.1 usb soundcard. Torrents are not recommended as they usually contain bugs and malware which is the main reason for vdj's undeserved reputation. VDJ home is offering you a quality controlled bug free updated software for nothing that never expires.

If you choose to purchase the software you will have access to the skins and plugins provided by the community. It's to encourage you to buy a version that allows these features and to support future development. Atomix even offer two other versions broadcastor and pro basic if you dont use a controller. Both of these options allow the download and use of effects and skins.

http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html

as a workaround for a frequency slider you could map your keyboard with this, just substitute "high" with "mid" & "low"

high cross left
eq_crossfader_high -1 & deck left fake_eq_high -1 & deck right fake_eq_high -1

high cross right
eq_crossfader_high +1 & deck left fake_eq_high +1 & deck right fake_eq_high +1

Posted Sun 29 Apr 12 @ 5:11 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)