Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How to map video crossfader to audio on Pioneer DJM-800?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm not sure how to tie the audio crossfader on my DJM-800 to act as a video crossfader as well. Any help? I'm running with my Audio 8 and Traktor Control Discs...

Posted Tue 24 Apr 12 @ 6:59 pm
It's just a case of connecting the midi cable to the audio 8's midi in or a suitable usb addapter... once that is done just open the config menu and locate the mappers tab. Up the top it will have a dropdown menu that probably says "keyboard", expand the menu and select "simple midi"... finally you need to press "Keylearn", move the crossfader and type "video_crossfader" in the action box...

while you are there you also have the ability to map the buttons and sliders of the fx or transitions if you have any spare controls using these commands:

video : open or close the video window

video_crossfader : set the position of the video crossfader

video_crossfader_link : link or unlink the video crossfader to the audio crossfader

video_crossfader_auto
: move the video crossfader automatically according to which side is playing, cueing, scratching, etc...

video_transition : launch a transition from one video deck to the other. you can specify the duration of the transition: 'video_transition 1000ms'

video_transition_select : select the plugin used for video transitions. you can specify by name ('video_transition_select "my_plugin"'), relative ('video_transition_select +1') or without parameters to open a popup window listing the available plugins

video_transition_slider : move the n-th slider of the video transition plugin

video_transition_button : push the n-th button of the video transition plugin

video_fx : activate/deactivate the selected video effect

video_fx_select : select a video effect plugin. you can specify by name ('video_fx_select "my_plugin"'), relative ('video_fx_select +1') or without parameters to open a popup window listing the available plugins

video_fx_slider : move the n-th slider of the video effect plugin

video_fx_button : push the n-th button of the video effect plugin

video_fx_clear : deactivate all the active video effects

You should register your serial so you get access to SBDJ's great new video fx to make your show more interesting to watch for your audiance.

Posted Tue 24 Apr 12 @ 11:41 pm
Hello,

Mapping worked: video_fx_slider 4 with colourEnhance
For my Akai LPD8
Whene I'm turning the knop, to chance the color,it works fine 2, 3 times, then Virtual Dj 7 pro stops and close.
Working with a Macbook Pro mid 2010 and also Denon HC 4500

Regards DJ-JP

Posted Fri 17 Oct 14 @ 12:28 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)