Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: White noise (version 2) uploaded and available

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

White Noise generator with beat color FX of DJM 850 : sidechain compressor

compare to version 1 :
- new white noise generator (very close to Pioneer white noise) with wind shuffle in background
- sidechain compressor : volume of white noise goes up and down according to track sound level

Posted Sat 21 Apr 12 @ 11:06 am
pcl73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
When I use this effect, nothing happen in the first 2 seconds and then a big "scratch" in my speaker (like 50% lounder then music) and after effect work perfectely !!

Did I'm the only one to get this problem ? Or do you know any way to correct it ? I really love this effect !!

Posted Thu 26 Apr 12 @ 5:58 pm

Posted Fri 27 Apr 12 @ 5:18 pm
This is a really cool plugin, I just tried it last night!

Would you mind if I made a suggestion though? Could we have it so that the noise "fades in" over the first 10% of the slider maybe and fades out over the last 10% of the slider. At the moment it cuts out quite suddenly, either a fade out, echo out, or perhaps just the addition of a second slider for "noise volume" would be useful additions? :D

Posted Sun 29 Apr 12 @ 4:32 am
a slider for volume will be added !

Posted Wed 02 May 12 @ 8:17 am
could you possibly add an echo to the last 25% of the slider or on it's own slider so it finishes with a nice release as the decline is very steep, at presend you need to load whitenoise and an echo to an empty deck to get this effect.

Posted Wed 02 May 12 @ 8:31 am
Hi !

New version is almost perfect for me ... but I ear "tok" behind White noise each time I move slider of the effect. If I didn't touch slider, it work fine, but if I move it from high to low, I ear tok tok tok .... I think my laptop is perfect for VDJ since I use it for few month without any problem. I configure my Windows only for VDJ. I use Numark N4 with AISO drivers and everything else work fin.

Posted Thu 03 May 12 @ 10:22 am
Thanks for taking on board suggestions! If you're feeling ambitious, a noise volume slider and a button to turn on a simple echo would be awesome. But seriously, it's great with just the addition of a volume slider! :)

Posted Thu 03 May 12 @ 4:41 pm
@pcl73

you're right. this problem could be fixed in the version 3. I'm working about a new algorythm to generate the white noise sound.

I have tried few months ago to add an echo but the result was not good at all. Could depend on the new algorythm.

To be continued....

Posted Fri 04 May 12 @ 6:59 am
Thanks Deun-Deun !!!

I really appreciate your work !

Posted Fri 04 May 12 @ 9:17 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)