Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Skin function : Jog speed

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi guys, im currently working on a new skin based on the cdj2000 white edition, this is a 4 deck skin with the option to switch between 1-3 2-4 or all 4 at the same time. I would like to match the layout of the CDJ as close as possible however im stuck at the jog speed, i want to add a button that can switch between vinyl and cd. I have noticed that there are paramaters for it in the options, but would i be able to call this up in a skin ? I have searched for answers but couldnt find any.

Thanks in advance.

Posted Wed 18 Apr 12 @ 12:12 pm
All you need is to enter the following code on your button:

deck X vinyl_mode 1 ? on & deck X vinyl_mode 0 : off & deck X vinyl_mode 1

Posted Thu 19 Apr 12 @ 7:04 am
Just the ticket, thanks a lot for your help, worked a treat d(-_-)b

Posted Thu 19 Apr 12 @ 10:47 am
sorry to bother you again, but can i also call the slider params for this aswell ?

Posted Thu 19 Apr 12 @ 11:31 am
If you mean the jog sensitivity settings, no, you can't change them with a VDJ script command.

Posted Thu 19 Apr 12 @ 5:35 pm
Ahh ok, thanks for your help anyway.

This could be a good feature to add to any future releases of VDJ, as I have seen a few controllers that have it. just a thought ;)

Posted Fri 20 Apr 12 @ 9:42 am
"All you need is to enter the following code on your button:
deck X vinyl_mode 1 ? on & deck X vinyl_mode 0 : off & deck X vinyl_mode 1"

hey buddy i did as you mentioned but it ain't workin it look's like this

<button deck="1" action="deck 1 vinyl_mode 1 ? on & deck 1 vinyl_mode 0 : off & deck 1 vinyl_mode 1">
<size width="45" height="20"/>
<pos x="316" y="217"/>
<up x="316" y="217"/>
<over x="316" y="217"/>
</button>

to be true it is changin the parameter in the software but there is no effect while usin it. humour me that in "vinyl mode" you can scratch in
"cd mode" you can pitch bend like all pioneer deck work's right

plz don't regret me since i'm not a licence user. i beleave that i'm the only one create's VDJ skin in india.
kindly correct my wrong steps in the code i'm very much love this function when i started to create skin for VDJ 5 V1.0
at that time nudge used to but in VDJ 6/7 i couldn't find the proper step.

need a little help over here

Posted Sun 22 Apr 12 @ 11:53 am
Yes, in "Vinyl Mode" your jogs should scratch, and in "CD Mode" your jogs should pitch bend.
However this is ONLY for controllers, not for the skin's virtual jogs. The skin's virtual jogs will ALWAYS scratch when you click them, and pitch bend when you RIGHT-CLICK them.

Posted Mon 23 Apr 12 @ 1:45 am
Hey bro thank's for the rply. i tried & it's workin but the sensitivity is to high in software. how can i change it?
even tried in confg>option>Jog sensitivity it was in high sensitivity so i reduced it upto 1.7% even then it's same
can i have your mail id? so that i can send you my skin of CDJ 2000 & DJM 800

what does that star represent under your profile name?

Posted Mon 23 Apr 12 @ 9:59 am
The sensitivity settings also work for controllers only... There's no way to change the mouse sensitivity... If you want to get better control over scratching with your mouse you should try to scratch on the scratch waveforms (the vertical ones on the standard skin)

Posted Mon 23 Apr 12 @ 12:55 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)