Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Auto Load A Playlist & Automatically Start Automix On VDJ Startup

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

kidevaPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Afternoon,

I'm looking to get the following to happen:

--> Computer start up --> VDJ Open (place in startup folder) --> Auto Load A Playlist --> Automix playlist.

I've read on here about a function " Oninit " but I'm not too sure it's still present in 7.0.5 and i'm unable to figure out any registry values to achieve this.

Can somebody assist and let me know if it's possible for me to do this and if it is, how to achieve it?

Thanks in advance.

-Kideva

Posted Tue 17 Apr 12 @ 8:46 am
after a bit more reading ....... I can do it with VDJScripting.

Can anyone help me write this into the skins for load on start up?

Posted Tue 17 Apr 12 @ 2:13 pm
you can map this to oninit for your controller if you use a folder or virtual folder to set the tracks that will be played... then the script will load a playlist and play it on load... the variables that you need to account for is the amount of tracks and the location they load from...

the basic script is:
browser_gotofolder # & browser_window 'songs' & playlist_add & browser_scroll +1 & automix

for the amount of tracks you need to duplicate the red part for the amount of tracks in the playlist eg. for five tracks

browser_gotofolder # & browser_window 'songs' & playlist_add & browser_scroll +1 & playlist_add & browser_scroll +1 & playlist_add & browser_scroll +1 & playlist_add & browser_scroll +1 & automix

for the location you can use a folder filepath or a number of virtual folder in place of # eg

browser_gotofolder "c://user/yourname/documents/music/foldername" & browser_window 'songs' & playlist_add & browser_scroll +1 & automix

Posted Tue 17 Apr 12 @ 9:16 pm
Thx for your reply.

Is there any way to do this if i'm not using a controller? I read that you can do this on VDJ start up via the skin. Do you know how to do this at all?

Posted Wed 18 Apr 12 @ 2:17 pm
GUYS COULD YOU ASSIST ME PLEASE...... EVERYTIME I START UP MY VIRTUAL DJ 8 SOFTWARE THE AUTOMIX STARTS TO PLAY EVEN WHEN I CLEAR THE LIST AND CLOSE THE SOFTWARE AND OPEN IT BACK ITS STILL DOING THE SAME THING. HELP ME PLEAS

Posted Sun 22 May 16 @ 10:43 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)