Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: New Skin request for 4 Deck mixing, can someone do this for me?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello,

One of the midi controllers I own, is a VMS4.1. It is a 4 channel mixer, and I am in the process of remapping the controls they way I want it, and I want to use if for 4 deck mixing. I would like a simple mod to the Virtual DJ 4 deck skin, in 3-1-2-4 style that is already available, but I'd like to see a mod for showing deck control swapping, not like what I've already seen, where they shrink down deck not being controlled, but rather where they leave all 4 decks perfectly viewable all the time, like in the standard 4 deck skin, but make it a LOT more obvious which deck is currently being controlled. I'd like it to just be moded from the standard skin, so it won't matter what controller you are using, say Versadeck, VMS4.1, Numark NS6, whatever :)

Here is an example of how the skin currently looks that i am talking about:

The only way to tell which deck is currently being controlled when you are swapping control, is by seeing which one has the little tiny small font \"Right\" or \"Left\" in color. I don't want to have to look that hard to see which deck I am controlling, but again, I want to keep all 4 decks up in their correct positions, like seen here.

What I was wondering, is if some super kind wonderful person could modify this skin to have a box in the appropriate color around the active deck?

Like this:

This is just something I did in Microsoft Paint. Something like this, where it would put a nice bright box around the active deck, in the color of the appropriate deck (or if it's easier, I'd be happy with just the same color for both sides, as long as it was bright enough to tell for sure which deck was active instantly).

I would create this myself, but I do not have any skills with creating skins. Can someone help me out?

Thanks for your time, and if anyone takes this job on, I owe you my great thanks! :)

Posted Thu 12 Apr 12 @ 1:30 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I am rebuilding one of my Skins (Rusty4D Multi) at the moment. It will be a 4 deck skin with 3,1,2,4 order and will highlight the left and the right deck, and of course with too many new features..... Soon

Posted Thu 12 Apr 12 @ 1:53 pm
Looks lovely Bob!

Another masterpiece on the way :)

Keith

Posted Thu 12 Apr 12 @ 2:06 pm
djdad wrote :
I am rebuilding one of my Skins (Rusty4D Multi) at the moment. It will be a 4 deck skin with 3,1,2,4 order and will highlight the left and the right deck, and of course with too many new features..... Soon

That's pretty slick looking djdad! I like it. Send me a note when you finish it, if you remember :) I like the metal knobs too :)

Posted Thu 12 Apr 12 @ 2:22 pm
Pretty cool ;o)

Posted Thu 12 Apr 12 @ 3:55 pm
that looks like VDJ8 to me... you cant display album art on a skin in VDJ7... Great looking skin bob ;-)

Posted Thu 12 Apr 12 @ 7:11 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Yes indeed you cant display the artwork with ver 7 and what you see is just graphics, but i kept a panel that can show the artwork, if and when that is implemented.

Posted Thu 12 Apr 12 @ 8:13 pm
djdad wrote :

anyone have this skin that I can spend?

Posted Thu 01 Aug 13 @ 6:57 pm
Can you send me one please

Posted Fri 02 Aug 13 @ 11:32 am
Sorry, skins are only available to registered licensed users who have purchased VirtualDJ.

Nobody will send you skins and other add-ons to which you are not currently entitled. Do not ask this on the forums again until you are a registered licensed user or your account will be locked.

If you like VirtualDJ then please support the software and its future development by purchasing it.

Posted Sat 03 Aug 13 @ 2:02 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)